X

SuperBike Katana review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBike Katana review

Cleaning out the closet I found a bunch of old Superbike Magazines.
    This was (I guess still is) a great UK sportbike magazine.
    September 92 has a comparo of the GSXF750, CB750, Zephyr 750(remember those?) and Triumph Trident 750. I have scanned the Kat section and will post (huge files not totally legal) or email,
    it's a favorable review and interesting to hear what people thought in the day. I haven't looked though all the magazines yet, so if I come across more Kat or sigificant Suzi stuff I'll give a shout. All three pages (three files) are 1.3 Mb (433K each) and legable when zoomed..
    BP

I think I saw that review on another site. I'll have to search for it later, maybe worth finding before you post.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

heck yeah, that's some good information !!!

Comment

Black_peter PM sent.

Email me the files and we will host them here so everyone can read them. Shouldn't be any legal issues as long as proper credit is given to publisher and author.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

is it about the 1100? is the 1100 mentioned? In it's day it was the fastest bike going. It was the busa of the early 90's.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The last RECENT review of the Katana I've seen in an English magazine wasn't too flattering...
            '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

yea let us know id like to read that one and if anyone has one about an 89 they wanna share let me know ..jim can we have a pull down box from the top menu with katana history there or something???

Comment

Actually the gist of the review was why buy the GSXR when you could get the GSXF so much cheaper.. Though some of the points they make are critical.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Though some of the points they make are critical.
                  I would expect them to be if it is a reasonably unbiased article. I'm one of the biggest fans of the Katana you'll find but I'm also critical of them. Let me guess, it reads something like this

"Undersprung...yep, Heavy....yep, shiffer brakes....yep, best grin factor for the buck...yep, perfect for 99% of daily riding...yep, cheap on insurance...yep"

I want the article simply for the historical value. Time takes it's toll and information on the older models gets harder and harder to find.

Duff, I don't know about a dropdown but I have been collecting info, links and pictures to do up some kind of serious history on the kats. The forums are only half of KatRiders. The "website project" will be coming in the future and will have lots of stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by SlipKid
                    The last RECENT review of the Katana I've seen in an English magazine wasn't too flattering...
                    The last article in Performace bike out of the UK while not stelllar was very good about the pluses of the Kat.
                    Kyle

Comment

Jim,
                      I actually have 3 articles on the Kat in pdf format. One is from Performance Bike from the UK, the second is from RoadBike and the third is from Sportbike. Unfortunately I'm writing this from work and the articles are at home. I'll send them on to you later.

Dion

Comment

I remember the one from Roadbike . They actually mentioned the "other" site in that one ! There reviews all seem kinda "nice" to me . They always seem to love every bike they get .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Article originally published
                          SuperBike Magazine
                          September 1992
                          Link House Magazines Ltd
                          Dingwall Ave Croydon, Surrey

Superbike Article Page One

Superbike Article Page 2

Superbike Article Page 3

Superbike Article Page 4

Comment

Thanks Jim.
                            AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                              I would expect them to be if it is a reasonably unbiased article. I'm one of the biggest fans of the Katana you'll find but I'm also critical of them. Let me guess, it reads something like this

"Undersprung...yep, Heavy....yep, shiffer brakes....yep, best grin factor for the buck...yep, perfect for 99% of daily riding...yep, cheap on insurance...yep"
                              Yep that about sums it up !!! fortunately for most of the riders of the katana the latter 3 are the key!

Comment

Working...
                              X