No announcement yet.
X

Aggressive Driver Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd try to just get away from him, without speeding if I could avoid it. That means slowing down enough that he gets bored and finds someone else, if I have to. My friend had a car play these games with him one time out on the highway. He sped up to try to get away, turns out it was an undercover cop who pulled him over and gave him a speeding ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Deez
      He sped up to try to get away, turns out it was an undercover cop who pulled him over and gave him a speeding ticket.
      that's whack. cops do stuff like that some times. my friend thought cops could only give tickets in the states or countys they worked in. example, he was driving north one weekend from maryland (forget exactly where he was going, prolly new york), he was driving through jersey, and the last 30 minutes before he got into new york he was behind a jersey cop. once he crossed the new york border he sped up and pulled away. the cop pulled him over, and gave him a ticket for speeding.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Some good advice, some , some

I maintained speed and just ignored him until the next town. I slowed a bit before the light to let him get ahead of me, then took a left turn too quickly for him to follow. I waited a couple minutes, then got back on the road. Never saw him again.

Boring ending, I know, but I wondered what I would do if I was faced with the situation again. I wasn't comfortable just ignoring him and maintaining speed but it worked out o.k.

Comment

follow him and steal his lugnuts

Comment

Working...
          X