X

Running out of road.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of road.

I had a nice little ride at lunch, but I always run out of road too soon. I wish there was a stretch of Autobahn here. I'm not into breaking the sound barrier, but sometimes I want to open her up and let her run. I just don't have anyplace around where that is safely possible.

I envy those of you with tracks near-by. I would love to spend some time on the track.

Anyone else get that feeling?
    AMA member # 224227

Come on.. DPS only has Concourses..
    They would never catch you..

Comment

Ton's of roads around here, sadly the twisty sections are few and far between .

I don't know about you but I'd take twisties at the speed limit over flat out on a straight stretch any day.
      Kyle

Comment

Well there aren't any of those close by either. Thanks for the reminder woobie!

There are a huge bucketload of Harleys though...
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

No matter how long you ride for or how many miles you ride, there's NEVER enough road!

Comment

Re: Running out of road.

Originally posted by Meikol2
            I wish there was a stretch of Autobahn here.
            I get it everytime I get on American interstates and remember what it was like when Florida's interstates had speed limits of 120 (I was too young to drive, but not too young to remember being a passenger back then)... Having driven on the real autobahns for many years, the speed limits on the interstates here just sadden me.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Originally posted by Meikol2
              I wish there was a stretch of Autobahn here.
              I get it everytime I get on American interstates and remember what it was like when Florida's interstates had speed limits of 120 (I was too young to drive, but not too young to remember being a passenger back then)... Having driven on the real autobahns for many years, the speed limits on the interstates here just sadden me.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              i don't want the speed limits removed or increased until we have some serious drivers education !

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                i don't want the speed limits removed or increased until we have some serious drivers education !
                I think it would be a self-correcting problem <evil grin, laughing>
                Yes, the US really does need better driver training. Appearantly such things as what to do in a catastrophic brake failure isn't covered at all... Cost me a Volvo and a VW (so far).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well, lets see, if we remove the speed limits in the US, let me know, i won't go anywhere, and i'll let darwinism take its course and after all the horrible drivers are removed from the genepool, i will ride again.
                  if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

It used to be Montana had no restrictions on speed during the day. Cops could still pull you over if they thought you were going to fast for conditions. At night they had a speed limit though. It would be fin to just open it up on the highway though. Theres a lot of open country in my area, so i can get it out of my system every once in a while
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

When I think about moving , the first thing I wonder is "will the roads there be as fun as the ones here?" .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
                        well, lets see, if we remove the speed limits in the US, let me know, i won't go anywhere, and i'll let darwinism take its course and after all the horrible drivers are removed from the genepool, i will ride again.
                        if we do that all the women will be gone!!!! and we wont have anyone to breed with ..well lou and range will be ok..but what about the rest of us?

Comment

What can I say, Range and I are Sexxy Beasts!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

First off, get a motard or dual sport bike and you won't have to worry about the roads ending. laugh out loud
                            There has only been one time I wished the ride would end and maybe CyberPoet can relate. I was riding north on 7 mile bridge in Florida, coming from the Florida Keys. I had to make the trip that day. The weather was nasty, and winds very high. I was riding on the bridge leaning sideways like I was in some awesome twistie. Trying as hard as I could to keep her straight and having to lean to do so.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                              There has only been one time I wished the ride would end and maybe CyberPoet can relate.
                              Sure, I can relate. I-10 through Texas.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X