No announcement yet.
X

Sooner or Later! (Hit Deer)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think you can't hit more than one deer on a bike? hah!

A buddy of mine out here was on one of the backroads shooting the curves through the wooded roads back in 2000, and around one of them, a whole pack of deer were just standing there.

He really was a bit of a noob, but the guy hit not one, not two, but FOUR deer. He sort of pin-balled back and forth between them, one would almost throw him to one side, then another would bounce him the other side.

As he hit the last one, he was tottaly fraked out and hit the gas by 'mistake' which saved his ass as the bike straightened out.

It royaly ate his bike up, forks were all screwed, nose was gone, console gone, guy was coated with deer waste and blood, fiberglass was all craked up all over the place, the works, it looked like it had flipped the thing a few times and forgot to get off in the process.

He managed to /ride/ it home, too.

He walked in looking like he had shell shock. When we went back to see WTF happened (and if he was full of BS after that story!) we found chunks of his bike, three dead deer all over the road, and one still kicking, just as the police showed up and 'finished' with a shotgun.

Bike, totalled: $6500
    Suit, too messy and stinky to clean: 4500 (used)
    Helmet, had a huge scuff from some hoof or something: $500
    Bandaid for the scrape on his neck: $0.25

A story like that to tell at the local bike meets? Priceless.

He had a new bike within the month, hasn't hit anything since.

Comment

so glad to hear that you are okay. you are very lucky!

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

4 Deer? Oh Shiate! Guess I will have to raise my guard back up, cause I figured maybe another 9 years of riding before worries about another deer. Everything is OK and I am not goint to worry about it until this winter. I have touched up the plastic with left over paint where it broke off. I am now searching for a complete set of plastic, and I mean all of it! If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I am going all new though, no ebay this time!

Comment

Working...
        X