2 minutes on my first bike and

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black_peter
    tips:

Look at the drivers face (to look for eye contact)
    I usually agree with your posts, but I must say, this is horrible advice.

DO NOT count on eye contact. This mistake could easily prove fatal.

The best advice I can give is just to anticipate the bad moves of others and plan at least 2 or 3 ways out. That way if it happens you're ready.
    -Stephen

the future's uncertain, and the end is always near - The Doors

Comment

unfortinually you are going to have to ride like everyone out there is going to hit you. The best way to ride is to have your guard up at all times.

Comment

Welcome to motorcycle riding; you got indoctrinated alittle quicker than probably most but nonetheless that's the kind of stuff you'll deal with everyday. Just remember, never assume anything and expect the unexpected. The others made some great points about making eye contact. I'd be careful about flashing your lights too, around here that means you want them to go ahead. One more thing about eye contact, make sure you dont focus in on them so much that you forget to be aware of the other cars around you. Zero in on the driver and you can end up getting clobbered by somebody riding your tail or cutting you off trying to go around you.

Comment

Originally posted by Najus
          Why would you be riding in the Home Depot parking lot on Father's day weekend? Your just asking for trouble practicing there.
          +1,000,000
          Noone found this to be hilarious?? I must smoke too much...
          Post of the day!

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
          '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
          '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
          '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
          '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

i also can tell by the car they drive.if its beat up you know how they drive.

Comment

Working...
            X