X

CB 1000 sweet deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB 1000 sweet deal?

Got a sweet deal on a CB 1000 today, or at least I'd like to think so. I saw this ad online for a 1995 CB 1000 for $1200. I called and asked about it. The owner was a girl who said that the bike had a problem with the starter and wouldnt start. So my friend and I went there with a van to pick it up just in case it was worth it. We tried to start the bike, and it almost cranked the first time. So then I think to myself, maybe this girl doesnt know what she was talking about. Sure enough, after inspecting the bike, we found out that the battery terminals were loose. A few minutes of working with a couple of wires connecting the battery terminals and then jump starting the bike with my friend's van, the bike was running just fine. The girl got mad at herself, she said that if she knew it was just the battery, she woulda put a higher price on the bike.

This is what the bike looks like:

It has about 20K miles on it.

Dunno if its a sweet deal, but it sure as hell runs fine and has a lotta torque.
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Yes , I'd say that's a sweet deal . Anytime you can get a running bike for about that price , it IS .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

sweet deal, now get different mirrors!

Comment

That bike should go for about 3K-4K here in Texas..
        So you paid $1200?? Im getting a baseball bat
        and coming to visit...
        I've always wanted one of those!!!

Comment

what a steal
          I'd be tempted to resell for a profit
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

man why cant i ever get a deal like that lol
            i need to troll the cycle trader more often i guess.
            03 katanika

Comment

The previous owner didnt know enough about the bike I guess. There's a little work on it though, which is totally fixable. The rear turn signal bracket is broken and the oil seals for the fork needs to be replaced. Oh and of course I'm gonna do an oil change today.

And heres the funny part. She was selling this bike cause she was getting a gixxer 1300 from her brother in law. I said to her, "wow, you getting a busa"?? She says "whats a busa?" A Hayabusa, a "Suzuki Hayabusa". And she goes I have never heard of a busa, but whatever it is, I'm gonna paint it pink.

So I was lucky I guess that she didnt know enough about bikes to know what she was parting with.
              2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by skotty
                The previous owner didnt know enough about the bike I guess. There's a little work on it though, which is totally fixable. The rear turn signal bracket is broken and the oil seals for the fork needs to be replaced. Oh and of course I'm gonna do an oil change today.

And heres the funny part. She was selling this bike cause she was getting a gixxer 1300 from her brother in law. I said to her, "wow, you getting a busa"?? She says "whats a busa?" A Hayabusa, a "Suzuki Hayabusa". And she goes I have never heard of a busa, but whatever it is, I'm gonna paint it pink.

So I was lucky I guess that she didnt know enough about bikes to know what she was parting with.
                sounds like you could have gotten alot more out of her if you really want and i dont mean bike-wise.
                03 katanika

Comment

Working...
                X