Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Motorcycle sales up for 2nd year..more women riders.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle sales up for 2nd year..more women riders.

Report: Motorcycle sales rev up
    Industry sales reportedly up nearly 5% in '04 as cheaper models, more sales to women spur growth.
    January 20, 2005: 11:26 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Motorcycle sales jumped to their highest level in 25 years in 2004, according to a published report.

USA Today, citing the Motorcycle Industry Council, reported that an increase in female riders and the rise in popularity of motor scooters and other small two-wheelers pushed sales up nearly 5 percent for the year.

The sales total topped 1 million for the second straight year, according to the paper. But sales could slow if prices rise due to increased costs for steel and other raw materials, as well as a weaker dollar, which could raise the price of imported motorcycles that account for a majority of U.S. sales.

Go girls go
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I like the sound of Cheaper Bikes. And the more motorcyclist on the rode, the less amount of cagers.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Great...more woman motorcycleists!

Comment

yea but then you get all the idiots out there in cars who think the can ride a bike hop on one and kill them selves and make the responsible ones *us* look like jerks

Comment

Yes, but atleast they are self eliminating!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I think the statistics about women riding is awsome! I taught my wife to ride last summer/fall, and we're going to take the MSF course together this year when it warms up (will be my second time through). Some girlfriends of hers ride bikes also. It's always cool to see women out riding when you're on the road, especially if there on sport bikes!

Comment

GO WOMEN GO!! Now I need to get my wife on a bike. Duff, how much do you want for that Yamaha 250?
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                  yea but then you get all the idiots out there in cars who think the can ride a bike hop on one and kill them selves and make the responsible ones *us* look like jerks
                  I hope that at least some of these new riders will take motorcycles saftey courses and be serious about riding. We were all beginers at one time. Lets hope some of these new riders know what they are getting into.

Comment

Crunchie needs to learn how to ride as well...she's not quite comfortable yet sitting on GiGi, since the suspension is set higher for me, and Im quite sure I want her taking out the Kat anyways, just outta her msf course, so we'll be lookin for something for her when she's ready too.

Oddly enough, she can control my 83 Yamaha, which is bigger and heavier, than she can control GiGi.

Comment

Working...
                    X