No announcement yet.
X

another DUMP TRUCK story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew! Close one. Glad you made it out OK.

Comment

thanks everyone.....I had passed a transport that just blew a tire about a half hour earlier too.

Those things are LOUD when they explode too.

Junior...It is not safe to pass a vehicle on the right, he stayed in the passing lane (and there were no cars in the slower one...idiot trucker!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
        Junior...It is not safe to pass a vehicle on the right, he stayed in the passing lane (and there were no cars in the slower one...idiot trucker!
        What's safer...

1. Passing on the right in a clear lane

or

2. Potentially getting hit by flying debris?

Comment

Originally posted by 01blewkat
          When are they gonna outlaw retreads?
          I seem to see those things blow off of trucks all the time and I spend as little time behind or beside them as possible.
          90% of the treads you see on the road are not from retreads....a retread tire is as safe and well bonded as a new tire....anyone that is familiar with manufacture, construction, and charactoristics of tires knows that most tread separations are due to an underinflated or overloaded tire building up alot of *heat*....the heat buildup, not only builds pressure, but breaks down the bond that the tread has to the sidewall.....not that anyone was looking for a lesson on tires.
          Just ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlakKat
            Originally posted by 01blewkat
            When are they gonna outlaw retreads?
            I seem to see those things blow off of trucks all the time and I spend as little time behind or beside them as possible.
            90% of the treads you see on the road are not from retreads....a retread tire is as safe and well bonded as a new tire....anyone that is familiar with manufacture, construction, and charactoristics of tires knows that most tread separations are due to an underinflated or overloaded tire building up alot of *heat*....the heat buildup, not only builds pressure, but breaks down the bond that the tread has to the sidewall.....not that anyone was looking for a lesson on tires.
            I agree. As a former employee of Goodyear I can back up that statement. We sold a lot of truck tires and the retreads aren't the problem, its the truckers with the bald, underinflated, tires and gossly overloaded trucks. I would listen to them trade stories on how the state troopers were just out to get them and how they would take certian roads avoid weigh stations. I know that the majority of the truckers aren't like this but there are a few. Stay safe
            Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Working...
            X