X

good place for gear......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good place for gear......

if you are in the market for new gear, I suggest this place. DSR Powersport.
    It is actually a Yahoo store. My gf just ordered 2 textile jackets and a pair of pants. the price was so cheap that I was not expecting it to be very good quality, but I was mistaken for sure. VERY nice ladies jacket. good quality and nice look. comes with armor and zip-out liner. $110 shipping included (free shipping over $75). She also got a realy nice pair of jean pants with armor for $50. 2 jackets and a pair of pants for $270 is more than reasonable, in my opinion.

Anyway, it sounds like I am doing a commercial for these guys or something..lol
    The simple fact is that they have a huge selection and some of the best prices I have come across. Icon, Joe Rocket, Alpine Stars...it's all there.
    Shipping is fast. 5 business days and it was here. Customer support is great. I ordered the wrong size pants for her by mistake and I called the toll free number. No problem....send them back and the right ones will be shipped right out.

I buy alot online, and I am not in the habit of recommending dealers unless they impress me. These guys impressed me. good prices, fast shipping, and top notch customer support.
    If you do buy from them and need to call support, ask for Laura....she has a sexy voice

oh...and they don't just have gear.....they have alot of other stuff like power commanders, luggage, rear sets, undertail kits....the list goes on and on.

the jacket the gf bought:

This site might be old news to some of you. I have no idea....first time I have heard of them and first time I oredered from them. Will definately order from them again.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

thats site is ok but i think mawonline.com has way cheaper stuff
    with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

IMHO, I would stay away from both stors. The reason is because both stores do not stock merchendise. They order from catalogues. I don't know about you, but I have had very bad experiene before. Items can be delayed, items are not in stock, problems when you return..etc.

My favorite stores are:
      newEnough.com
      motorcycleCloseout.com
      motorcycle-superstore.com
      motoRace.com

I bought items and returned items from the above stores with no problems at all. All of the above stores stock merchandise, and they can tell you over the phone or the website what they have and what they don't have. Also, all of the above stores have competitive prices.

Comment

so mojoe has a new girlfriend? who apparently bought gear so she could ride with you? do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
          so mojoe has a new girlfriend? who apparently bought gear so she could ride with you? do tell.
          Same GF as the old girlfriend, wiht some attitude upgrades... It's Girlfriend v2.0!

Glad to see it's still working out for you, Mojoe!

PS - it did turn me on to the fact that JoeRocket has started making variable-waist pants in a matrix of sizes, so you can find a 40x32, etc. Awesome.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
            IMHO, I would stay away from both stors. The reason is because both stores do not stock merchendise. They order from catalogues. I don't know about you, but I have had very bad experiene before. Items can be delayed, items are not in stock, problems when you return..etc.

My favorite stores are:
            newEnough.com
            motorcycleCloseout.com
            motorcycle-superstore.com
            motoRace.com

I bought items and returned items from the above stores with no problems at all. All of the above stores stock merchandise, and they can tell you over the phone or the website what they have and what they don't have. Also, all of the above stores have competitive prices.
            well I didn't have any of the problems that you mentioned. I got my stuff within 5 business days, and customer support was great when I needed to exchange the pants for another size. did you actually order from these guys in the past and speak from experience?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Originally posted by katana bob
              Same GF as the old girlfriend, wiht some attitude upgrades... It's Girlfriend v2.0!

Glad to see it's still working out for you, Mojoe!

PS - it did turn me on to the fact that JoeRocket has started making variable-waist pants in a matrix of sizes, so you can find a 40x32, etc. Awesome.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Considering how JR sizes seemed to be anything but customer friendly..as far as options available for the bigger folks, or the smaller folks; this is good news indeed

Comment

well I didn't have any of the problems that you mentioned. I got my stuff within 5 business days, and customer support was great when I needed to exchange the pants for another size. did you actually order from these guys in the past and speak from experience?
                No I didn't order anything for this site. I was talking about catalogue order stores in general. There are so many of them on the web. They take the order, then pass it to their suppliers.
                One time I had to return something, and it was a nightmare. They refused to refund my money untill their supplier inspect the item, and then refund them. It took me 3 monthes to get my money back. In another occasion, I ordered something to be informed 2 weeks later that it is in backorder. I learned my lesson the hard way, and decided not to order anything unless they assure me that they have it in stock.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
                  No I didn't order anything for this site. I was talking about catalogue order stores in general. There are so many of them on the web. They take the order, then pass it to their suppliers.
                  One time I had to return something, and it was a nightmare. They refused to refund my money untill their supplier inspect the item, and then refund them. It took me 3 monthes to get my money back. In another occasion, I ordered something to be informed 2 weeks later that it is in backorder. I learned my lesson the hard way, and decided not to order anything unless they assure me that they have it in stock.
                  [/quote]

understandable reason for having doubts. fortunately I have never had a bad online experience like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X