Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Can I get a break???? (video may not be NSFW)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a break???? (video may not be NSFW)

Well, I know I havent posted on here in a couple of weeks but I thought I should share this story and my experience over the last month or so.

I had a 2004 Katana 600 which I had wrecked last september. Over the winter I spent time fixing it up and the first time I rode it this spring I got an offer to buy the bike for what my loan amount was (yes even though it was not completely fixed). Originally I paid $3500 for the bike, loan for $2500, $1000 out of pocket. The kid gave me $2650 for the bike, not a bad deal and I paid off my loan.

I immediately started looking for a new bike and decided upon a 2006 Yamaha FZ6. I picked the bike up on 5/5 and drove it home. Heres some pics of it:

Those pictures were taken on 5/12, exactly a week after I got the bike and the same day that this happened:

I dont even have the title yet, nor have I made the first payment.

The good news!!! I submitted the video to break.com! I got a message from them saying they wanted to buy it and post it on their main page!

heres pics of the bike now, I really lucked out on this one. I did not see the deer till she was right in front of me.... I dont think I even hit the brakes.

DUDE!!!! that was insane, glad you kept it upright!

on a side note, great editing on the video.

Comment

You were so lucky,omg. How did the deer walk away, did i see a leg fly past the screen?
      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Dude. Good job keeping it up. Luck was on your side that day.
        My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

HOLY SH!T

My friend hit a dear back in 2002 on his R6 and it broke his leg and trashed his bike.

Consider yourself very lucky... that was nuts... no way you could have avoided the deer. At least you had the camera soif the insurance company gives you crap just show them the video... then again... they might see the speedo and flip.
          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

HOLY SHIZZAT!!
            I cannot even believe that you were able to keep that upright!! especially at that speed! WOW!! The Motorcycle gods were smiling on you!!

Glad to hear you are ok!! that was just unreal!
            I love my Kat!!
            2000 burgandy 750

Comment

that was intense! how the hell did you keep it up? good thing you didn't panic.

Long Live the D

Comment

Glad you didn't get hurt. Hopefully the sale of the video will give you enought $$$ to fix the bike
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

as soon as you hit bambi your speedo shut down... wow, you were very very very very lucky...

glad nothing happened to you
                  99 Kat 6: hindle header+ carbon cannon, rear ohlins adjusty, K&N dirt mask, super jetted and flashy dyno'd, fiber-lyte pretty dash, carbon heel kicky guards, super cool solo cowl/second look seat skin combo ANNND the 520 chain conversion, super secrect perfect sprocket combo - some wicked pilot sport cup rubbers,NRC racing engine covers, fender elim kit --- any questions? FOR SALE $$$$$$$

Comment

As most have already said. Great job on keeping the bike upright and not panicking. Amazing video. But, at the same time, I am truly sorry, that sucks about the bike.

Comment

it was crazy.... I said to a friend on line... to bad the camera didnt pick up the sound of me crapping myself.

I think I just grazed the deer with her back end in the air and basically pushed her out of the way. I'm not turning it in on insurance because I only had liability (Yes I already got reemed out by my friends for having a new bike without full coverage).

I had been wearing my biker angel that day so I think that had something to do with it. 10 minutes after I got home from the accident, there was a rainbow over my property only.. my property is only about 100ft wide. I have a video of that too!

Comment

Only in NY dude.....Nice riding....what road are you on? Is that around Neversink?

Comment

Gee , that looks familiar ....

Damn , I didn't know I had a camera on me ! Yeah , my bike pretty much did the same little wobble and kept on going . We need to start a club .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

tough luck bro. maybe the money for the video will pay for the damage.

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Thank God your still with us... :blueangel Intense video...
                              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Working...
                              X