X

What side do you favor ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What side do you favor ?

After reading through jason05's thread about the leaning ability between the kat and other bikes.. and a few people mentioning about what side they get a better lean out of..this got me thinking how I seem to get alittle better, more aggressive, and cleaner lean angle when Im in a right hander as opposed to the left. The 1/2 inch or so of chicken strips that I do have left on my tires would support this theory as well.

So whats you're better side for getting the bike way over in a curve.. the right or the left ?
    The Right side
    0%
    The Left side
    0%
    Im comfortable leaning to both sides
    0%
    Cornering ??? Whats that !! I just care about my 1/4 mile time!
    0%

Both for me, not a problem, I like hangin off the bike whiever direction. Around here there is a bunch of twisty roads so a person gets used to both directions the same it seems.

Comment

Seems to depend on what day it is . Sometimes I fell more comfortable going left , but when I look at my tires , the right side strip is smaller .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I prefer the topside to the bottom side, the good side to the evil side, the lightside to the darkside... most days

As for corners, it's strictly a matter of obstacles -- if there's mailbox poles or signage in the possible path of my head, I prefer the other side. If the road is clear for at least three feet past the pavement, I'm not picky.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I seem to like the right side
          chicken strip doesn't support it, both are similar size
          but I'm more comfortable doing it
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

I'm comfortable leaning to either side when riding. When cornering, I favor the left side. I don't quite know why, but I always feel like I can rail when turning left, but not when turning right. I think it's easier for me to get my ass out of the seat turning left because I'm pressing the left grip. I don't feel as comfortable pressing a hard right because it's the throttle side. I think...
            ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I don't have a preference, but if I were to run wide I'd rather do it into a left hander, rather than drifting into the oncoming lane of a right hand curve.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

The Right side is thinner because in America , we ride on the right side of the road. At an intersection a right turn is naturally tighter than the left turn. We lean harder to turn the tighter right. The left turn is just a basic lean... Thats my thoughts ... I like both Lefts and Rights... but my strip is also thinner on the right side.
                I almost sounded like the Poet there...
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I favor the left....really working on why I'm having a harder time with rights. BUT, thanks to a really cool thing we got happening, called Skillz Days! Jeff from SoCalSportBikes puts them on...I think I'm getting a handle on it! :P

Comment

I prefer lefts because I seem to be more fluid and relaxed. Now the reason for that is because during a left hander If I go down, or off the road, i'm headed for the ditch. directly. If I run wide on a right hander I'm in another lane occupied by oposing traffic. makes me nervous, and keeps me in check.

Last year at the gap rally while running the dragon, I was leaned over in a tight right hander. I wasn't hanging off enough and scraped my pipe. I panicked, stood the bike up, and ran wide into the opposing lane. I was very lucky there was no oncoming traffic at the time or I would been toast. I think Woobie was behind me at that point. That thought always keeps me in check when out riding, and reminds me that while I'm out to have fun, my main goal is to always make it home in one piece.

I very confident in my abilities (now) to ride both fast and smooth during both right and left handers. But I just dont have the nerve or desire to push it for the righties in an uncontrolled environment such as the street anymore.

Thats one of the reasons I'm looking to pick up a second bike and take it to the track.

Comment

I wonder how much of our confidence in preferring one side to the other has to do with being right or left handed too

Comment

left side right low side high side ill take em all it dont matter. no is this on one wheel or 2??????

Comment

I think it has alot to do with being left handed or right handed. out of those who prefer the left, are any of you left handed? I am left handed and prefer left leans. it might have nothing to do with it at all....just curious if that has something to do with it.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm a lefty but prefer right-handed turns. It seems the majority of my turns tend to be right handed ones and consequently, I'm just better from practice.
                            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Funny,
                              I write with my right hand.
                              But am left dominant.
                              Dress to the left..
                              Bowl and throw to the left..
                              Like left turns better..

Comment

Working...
                              X