X

Just bought my bike:) 2000 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my bike:) 2000 Katana

It has 8,000 miles on it. He dropped it a few times but it was a fair price for $2800

I tried to ride it last night but it would not start. It needs a new battery. I don't know shit about bikes. How can I remove the battery?

Also how can I open the bike seat? He showed me that you can lift the bike seat up but I don't remember how he did it.

Also can anyone PM me the manual for a katana? It seems that all the old links don't work anymore.

THanks

hey congrats on the bike! just stick your key in the seat lock, turn, and lift the rear of the seat off. from there, it's just a matter of unscrewing the screws in the terminal posts. good luck!

Long Live the D

Comment

Welcome to the forum Q
      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Woody
        http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
        http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

thanks bro I just looked over the bike and I don't see any seat lock to insert my key. Where is it at?

Also he damaged the gas key lock thing. Any tips for me to open that?

My camera doesn't work. I would include pics but all of you already know what a Kat looks like....right? lol

Comment

It's exactly under the handle bar end of the left side of your bike looking it from the rear.
            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

damn still can't find it. Is it a regular key hole or the circular types?

I am gonna try to buy a manual from Autozone. be back later

Comment

Should be the same key you use in the ignition, and like Tito750 said the key hole should be below the left side where the passenger would hold onto. Welcome aboard.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Q - damn still can't find it. Is it a regular key hole or the circular types?

It's a small hole with the key opening inside, located on the side of the tail.

Comment

maybe someone could take a pic of there Kat and shot him....

i would but i dont have a kat i have a CAT lol
                    Woody
                    http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
                    http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

Welcome to KR Let me know if you still need the manual (i think i still have it saved on my pc) PM me if you do, and i'll find it for you.
                      #7 on the pix

PAUL
                      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

When you want to remove the battery..after you get the seat off..

You'll see the battery sitting right under the front of the seat. There is a bracket sitting on top of the battery that helps keep it in place. just loosen the 2 bolts holding down the bracket..gently left up the bracket which has a long plate behind it as well. Lift it up and move it to the side, then just disconnect the 2 battery leads, positve ( + ) and negative ( - ) , losen the postive first and then just lift out the battery. If its an old battery, just go out and buy a new one, although you can just hook up a battery tender or charger to it as well and see if you can get it to charge back up.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Q. Where in Arlington are you at. I have an extra manual if you need. Its not a book, just a printed copy. But let me know, I live at the UTA campus.

Skotty
                          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

This is a pic of my 2000 Katana. That tiny black circle on the tail is the seat lock.

You will enjoy your new motorcycle. Mine has over 41,000 fun filled miles on it now.
                            Attached Files
                            Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Dude,take your time and look around.Read every post on this forum...when your done with that youll find the keyhole for the seat....Just kidding,,but browse the site alot of info here. On the serious side you mentioned you dont know shit about bikes,you know how to ride right?

Comment

Working...
                              X