Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What would it take for you to give up your Kat ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a tough one......but a million dollars might get the deal done, throw in an aprilia and i suppose that could work
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

If I got rid of the Kat now BlackFalcon would kill me.
      But for a million bucks.....

BF would get a excellent lesson in real-world economics, real fast!
      sigpic

Comment

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Enough money to buy the next bike and the services/parts for it for a few years. I like the Kat in general, and love my Kat in particular, but it's a material object, and material objects can be replaced. Roll up to my door step with any of the follow list of bikes, new, free and clear title to go with it, and I'll hand you my Kat: BMW K1200S, K1200R, R1200GS; Honda Blackbird, ST1100 (new out of the box); Triumph Sprint ST '05; Benelli Tre... there are a few others that I would take, but that list is those that I'd keep rather than using as a trade against what I really want. Or give me enough $$ to go get one of the above new...

Maybe the question should be "What would it take for me to get off motorcycles altogether?" We've already covered that previously elsewhere...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i do it for a nice down payment on a busa
            rock
            always working on mods

Comment

See my bike is paid for. So I can keep it and go out and get another bike. Besides I could never get rid of the 2 Gear Wonder bike.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I will keep my bike, and look into getting another. Maybe a Busa.

Anyone want to trade, sike! lol
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

this

Comment

Well....my Kat is different than most Kats on here...as in it is old and rare...the 1100F. So my reason for keeping mine is because of that. Plus I have 2 complete bikes and enough parts to rebuild them both. I am in a Beekman situation...just too much invested to be able to sell it without a loss. I am sure Beekman will understand when I say that he will never get someone to pay what he has invested. That is when your bike becomes valuable in a "sentimental" kinda way. It is representative of an "idea" and became an artform of the imagination. But if I had a kat like most of you have...pretty much stock except for a few add-ons, I would just need a nice offer and it is gone. One of my Kats will be up for sale in the spring if anyone is looking to own a nice 1100.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I would sell mine for a green card for my madre, my padre, and maybe a taco or two.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Never sell mine, I have put way to much time & money in to it, besides, it still turns heads
                        I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Which one?

They are ALL FOR SALE!

Oh, yeah..........to answer yoru question: MONEY, only MONEY! 8)
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Enough $$$ to buy another comparable/superior bike.
                            AMA member # 224227

Comment

You forgot the most important reason. "A faster motorcycle". And yes the FJR is way faster than the KAT.

Comment

Hey, SpecialK is that what your garage looks like now?

Comment

Working...
                                X