No announcement yet.
X

I´m so lucky.... :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean, three bikes and a car per person?
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by fulcrum
      Maybe we are just greedy. Is 3 bikes and a car too much for 2 people?
      Nope! And 3 bikes and 2 cars isnt too much!!
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I got 3 bikes and a car . But the breakdown is 2 bikes mostly in parts , one half-beat Kat , and a 4 cylinder wagon with 180K+ miles on it . Bummer about the bike . Hope it ain't too bad .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by masrapido
          I always have thinking what Cyberpoet said. But surely the stupid burocratic makes it be a pain to do it. With the exchange rates, as says Cyber, I would get a nice deal!
          The real question is whether there is a KM limit when the bike no longer has to pay import taxes. For the USA, vehicles with 5k miles (8000 KM) no longer pay any import taxes as "used vehicles". This means you can go to Germany, buy a BMW, drive it around Europe and then ship it back and the taxes you save pay for the trip. I don't know if the same is true for Spain (or how many KM you would have to have on the bike)...

You might also be able to find a very good deal by calling around Belgium, Germany, Holland where there is snow on the ground right now -- the dealers there probably still have an '04 Busa that they would sell pretty cheap, and being EU countries, you shouldn't have to pay any import taxes (?).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Latest news!

I just call the bike shop and talked about money... He said that money isnt a problem, that first month we gonna "test" each other and if he like my way of working and I like his way, we could renegotiate the salary. At the moment, I though that I would be "happy" with 600 euros/month for 20 hours/week. I could choose every day if I prefer to work mornings (5 hours) or afternoon (4 hours and half). I gonna take it, isnt big money, but at least I could try to fix my kat or buy my friend 1999 R6. He rides more his R1, so is thinking about sell it, and he would sell it to me for 4000 euros. I´m not a big fan of R6, but is a nice machine and an R6 with a few years is better than no bike.
            PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Well it sounds like it is looking up.
              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                The real question is whether there is a KM limit when the bike no longer has to pay import taxes. For the USA, vehicles with 5k miles (8000 KM) no longer pay any import taxes as "used vehicles". This means you can go to Germany, buy a BMW, drive it around Europe and then ship it back and the taxes you save pay for the trip. I don't know if the same is true for Spain (or how many KM you would have to have on the bike)...

You might also be able to find a very good deal by calling around Belgium, Germany, Holland where there is snow on the ground right now -- the dealers there probably still have an '04 Busa that they would sell pretty cheap, and being EU countries, you shouldn't have to pay any import taxes (?).

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Here, the BIG problem, is make the bike street legal here, "get the papers". A friend of mine is self-german and is looking in Germany for a CBR600RR.
                You can find one cheap, but the difference is really worthless because you have to pass too much (expensive) burocratic steps.
                But i.e. in Italy, Kawasaki are cheapest that in Spain, but I´m not sure how can I buy one and sign it here.
                PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Mas, Sorry about the Kat but as has been said before, you have had some great rides (and Photos). Good to hear the job situation sounds
                  like it's going to work out for you. I hope you
                  find a bike soon. I know it must be driving you crazy not riding...hang in there guy!
                  I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Thanks again dudes!
                    PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Any updates on the bike yet? Find out what happened?
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

If you get one with pontoon's on it, u can ride it over here for the Gap Rally!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          Any updates on the bike yet? Find out what happened?
                          I just come back of the work, I gonna call later my mechanic. But I have find a wrecekd Katana with a working engine, and surely can get it cheap, I have to talk with the ower this afternoon.
                          And I have seen a ´92 Gixxer 750 for 1800 euros... I have seen it only in pics, and it´s very nice, but I would prefer fix my Kat (I´m sooooo sentimentallll ).
                          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I went this past afternoon again to my mechanic dealer and he havent seen yet the bike!! But at least, I have found a 89 Katana 750 with a low side and only 34000km!! left peg is missing, but that is the only visible damage. I have to talk with the ower, I saw the bike in another friend bike shop. If he dont want too much $$$, I will buy it and start the fixing process!
                            PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Can you take parts off your current bike to use on that one if you get it?
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Mas, if you get the chance, don't go with a 92 GSXR, look for a waterpumper (93-95). Still cheap and reletively fast (at least enough for me). Sorry about the Kat but I know you'll find a replacement motor for it. Shame there aren't any Bandit 1200's laying around!!
                                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                                MoPowerSports.com
                                Torco
                                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
                                X