Plug Wire and carb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug Wire and carb question

New here and would appreciated some help:

Just picked up a friends 1990 Katana 1100, typical issues with a bike stored for a long time, so looking to bring back to to life, but a couple issues:

Plug wire came out of cap spark plug assembly, when I look online for parts it looks like its made to slide back on, like the end pierces/penetrates plug wire, or is it perminately connected as one assembly?

Took carb's off, but cannot get the float bowl screws lose, soaked in WD40 for a couple days, any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Plug wire screws in.

Keep soaking them in penetrating fluid. An impact driver can help with those screws.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Might want / need to clip a little back on the plug wire, but yes... cap screws onto the wire. It's a self taping screw, so cut back wire and screw on tight. May want to do that on all 4. If the ends are hard... not soft/flexible, cut back to the flexible part and reseat.

The screws on the carb are JIS... so will strip with a philips driver. I normally replace them with hex caps. Since I replace them, I have no issue with slotting the heads, drilling the heads off, or getting a good tight grip on them with a needle nose vise grips and turning them out. An impact helps too if you have one.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Really appreciate the assist, will be working on it this weekend and you tips will really help, thanks again!

Comment

OK was able to get them all out, would anyone happen to know what size the float bowl screws are (4mm?)??

Comment

Originally posted by marlinmike View Post
            OK was able to get them all out, would anyone happen to know what size the float bowl screws are (4mm?)??
            I don't know on the 1100s. They are either 4mm or 5mm x 12. The bst36s on the 750 use 5mm.

Not saying that's the same, but...

I'd take one off and check it.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X