X

Avon Spirit St

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avon Spirit St

I bought this radial Avon Spirit ST 150/80-16 because the Michelin Pilot Commander 2 that was on the bike when I bought it (2017 july) was a slippery danger in wet.
    The new Avon on the other hand has good grip but it is like running on sand when turning in a curve. Feels like a beginning to a slide. Like a snake on white lines. The Commander was real fun compared to the Spirit.
    Now to a question. Is there any chance that I will be able to look at all the pictures that have been "labeled" "Please update your accont... Photobucket?
    I have to make the switch to 17" and would like to see pictures.

How long have you had them mounted, some tires take time to scrub in. I like Avon tires, never a problem.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

200 miles. Have nerver before had a tirechange whitout the great feeling of easyness and precision, this is a first. But i hope you are right. Nerver had Avons before

Comment

200 miles.... they are scrubbed. Did you rude some twisty roads during that time. Like a few?
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Yes, I live in a twisty road area . I have 43 psi in it. But it feels better now than the first ride. I know it shouldn't feel the way it feels. Just don't know why?

Comment

43psi sounds a little high. Probably wouldn't be the cause of your issue but might be contributing.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Like way high...
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Ok. So what pressure do you ride on? Recommended pressure is 42psi for this tire said the importer here in Sweden.

Comment

42 is the max on all the Kat tired I've used.

Stock rear is recommended at 36psi, on my 600/750 I run 39 with pilot road 4's.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

The pressure settings are on the rear tire liner, should be a label. I run mine at 36# +- given your weight and riding style.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Thank you! I will test 36 psi on a 5 day trip to Norways curvy mountain roads, starting today .

Comment

Working...
                      X