X

1100 fork swap question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 fork swap question

Has anyone ever swapped in a set of gsxr 750 forks into the 1100 frame? I know the 750 forks are a larger diameter so I would have to swap trees too, just wondering if anyone knows if they will match up in lengthor not. It's an 86 gsxr 750 and a 90 1100 gsx f frame. Thanks for the help in advance. By length I mean neck bolt length for triple tree and General length on the forks. The 1100 forks are shot and non adjustable, whereas the 750 forks are adjustable, not the original slingshot forks either, I think they were electronically dampened.....
    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-15-2017, 10:17 PM.
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

I don't know about '86 ones fitting. A few of us bolted up 94-95 GSXR 750 forks...they literally bolt right up. Same stem bearing and all. They are 2" shorter and you'll need risers to clear the tank.

Check out NutNut's thread on 17" wheel swap for more info. I can take comparison measurements if you tell me what you need on the '95 ones I have.

Comment

Thank you! I think they may actually be 90' ish forks on an 86 frame, the wheels on it are 95 chrome trispokes. It was a basket case, and I like buying junk and forcing it back to good shape. Everything you said sounds exactly correct for me, 2" shorter. The oil cooler i took off the 86 was a curved 90's model when i searched it. What kind of risers are you talking about? My 750 has the clip on bars. Thanks again for the help sir! ... figured I would add, I did have to cut the lower tabs and re weld them lower, also I had to... "mechanically agitate" the upper bushings closer together to mount the curved 750 oil cooler.
      Last edited by Mrontime; 07-16-2017, 08:23 AM.
      We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

Working...
      X