X

oil change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil change

got all the stuff to do my oil change on the new bike 1992 1100 katana with vance and hines exhaust how the hell do you get the oil filter out thru the pipes?

Not sure about the pre, but for the post you need or should have one of these
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterious View Post
      got all the stuff to do my oil change on the new bike 1992 1100 katana with vance and hines exhaust how the hell do you get the oil filter out thru the pipes?
      My 1100 had 4to1 headers on it.Don't know the brand but if I remember correctly I had to twist and work the filter out through the left side after getting it free from the engine.It was messy and a pita to do but can be done!
      Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

ok thanks i try again

Comment

4 hours later and still cant get old filter out new filter will fit but just barely thru gap in headers up top got all plastics off and still cant figure how the hell they got that old filter in there unless they removed the oil cooler and a frame brace it be piece of cake to change it next time buy a wix filter save alot of headaches

Comment

Get a large pair of channel locks and crush the old one,maybe that will make it small enough to remove.That filter must be larger than the ones that i used.

Comment

just what i am going to do maybe cut the ridge with a pair of dykes first

Comment

Yeah, filters can vary in size by brand. That may be the case here. Perhaps a little research on replacement options that would be smaller diam to allow for easier removal/install.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

wix filter fits perfect 7 and a half hours later and a sawsall and that prick is out

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterious View Post
                    wix filter fits perfect 7 and a half hours later and a sawsall and that prick is out
                    I hate it when a filter try's to kick my ass

Comment

i drop the filter into a ziploc bag as soon as it comes off the motor. my yoshi headers will only let the filter pass through if its tilted upside down. keeps the mess to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                      X