X

petcock question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock question

this is a great site i just got my 1992 katana 1100 and since it has a gas gauge i would assume it has no reserve am i correct to assume this thanks for the info

Originally posted by Mysterious View Post
    this is a great site i just got my 1992 katana 1100 and since it has a gas gauge i would assume it has no reserve am i correct to assume this thanks for the info
    All Kats from 88+ have a fuel gauge.

That said... the 1100 actually does not use a petcock that would give you a reserve. It's a single inlet, with only a prime option. No secondary height inlet for a reserve feature.

You could swap that out if you wanted probably.... But the answer for a stock 1100 is no reserve.

All the 600/750s do come with a reserve option.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That's what I thought thanks alot gonna try to start it this weekend bought it not running hoping for the best it did fire with starting fluid 😀

Comment

Probably bad gas and junk in the carbs. Yank the tank drain it clean it look for rust...add a sintered metal fuel filter (two actually for dual feed) and pull the carbs off and clean...see carbs101. Replace spark plugs.

FYI there are ZERO Phillips screws on that bike. Don't attempt to remove the bowl or tops without a proper JIS (Japanese Industrial Screw) driver.

Comment

Thanks think I got bigger problems when u jump on it in second gear it like skips all the other gears are fine

Comment

Oh, bummer. The dreaded second gear... can be repaired, it's just time and $$. Under cutting the gears will keep that from happening.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

it wont hurt anything to ride it like that correct got enough power just to shift to 3rd

Comment

Yes, but it will get worse. Take it real easy.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

just too personal for me to comment...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Has anybody ever switched out the petcock with a non-stock unit? I would like one with a lower profile, the stock one ground into my carb after I put the bandit motor with 36mm carbs in the bike. Right now I 1/8" clearance with a creative use of spacers in lieu of the rubber tank mounts.
                    01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

Working...
                    X