X

RE: speed sensor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: speed sensor

Hello fellow Katters, can any one say if the speed sensor is taking 12 volts in and what it is putting out and is it going through a diode?
    Thanks

What bike? The 1100 doesn't have one. Just two tangs that key to the front wheel then speedometer cable

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
      What bike? The 1100 doesn't have one. Just two tangs that key to the front wheel then speedometer cable
      I know that, this is a conversion I am doing that's why the question, the sensor is from a 1000 Suzuki

Comment

+1
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by 1100 View Post
          I know that, this is a conversion I am doing that's why the question, the sensor is from a 1000 Suzuki
          If you want real help, fully disclose what you are doing. What engine? What dash? What year/model are the donor parts from. Help us help you.

Comment

If you want real help, fully disclose what you are doing. What engine? What dash? What year/model are the donor parts from. Help us help you.
            Ok,88 1100 engine,motogadget dash,2014 1000 Suzuki speed sensor, trying to put a speed sensor on the 1100, so I need to know if the speed sensor sends 6 or 5 volts to dash,or straight 12 volts, or do I need to put a diode in some here to get the right output voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100 View Post
              Ok,88 1100 engine,motogadget dash,2014 1000 Suzuki speed sensor, trying to put a speed sensor on the 1100, so I need to know if the speed sensor sends 6 or 5 volts to dash,or straight 12 volts, or do I need to put a diode in some here to get the right output voltage.
              The 1100 Kat isn't setup for an electronic type speed sensor, you'll need a speed sensor for the front wheel or figure a way to adapt one to the output shaft sprocket. Contact the gauge manufacturer for there sensor or compatible sensor recommendations.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Here's a compatible sensor for the dash: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-speedo-sensor

I'd read the fine print about what compatible sensors you can use and go from there. Personally I like my 1100 dash so I can't help you with the motogadget dash.

Comment

Here's a compatible sensor for the dash: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-speedo-sensor

I'd read the fine print about what compatible sensors you can use and go from there. Personally I like my 1100 dash so I can't help you with the motogadget dash.
                  My original questions were, does a 3 wire sensor takes 12 volts and what the output voltage is, Iwas told I need to tell what I am doing(what's the relavance to the question?)so I said what I was doing, which sensor I was using, I got answers to everything,but so far no one is addressing the original question.

Comment

Don't give people shit because you can't use Google & aren't precise with your words.

IF you're using a 3-wire inductive sensor:

(+V) & (signal output @ 5v TTL) & (-V/Gnd)

Comment

Don't give people shit because you can't use Google & aren't precise with your words.

IF you're using a 3-wire inductive sensor:

(+V) & (signal output @ 5v TTL) & (-V/Gnd)
                      You don,t give me shit for speaking truth, and don't make assumptions about what I can or cannot do, my question is precise and clear,read my first post please and thanks.
                      Thanks for the answer after all that.

Comment

Wow a rude canuck.....that's a first.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-11-2017, 09:12 PM.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                          Wow a rude canuck.....that's a first.
                          It's unfortunate that some one standing up for themselve is called rude, I wonder what you would say if I really was been rude?

Comment

You could of stated your concern differently, without offending people that were giving friendly advice on a product that you bought. You could of found that info very easily yourself. Nobody wants to be an ass toward you, unless provoked to be as such.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                              You could of stated your concern differently, without offending people that were giving friendly advice on a product that you bought. You could of found that info very easily yourself. Nobody wants to be an ass toward you, unless provoked to be as such.
                              So let me see if I got this straight, I ask a question, I get a bunch of questions back, none with the answer to my question, I answer the questions asked, still no answer to the question I asked, so I stated the fact that I,am been told about a lot of things but no answer to the original question I asked , then got told to not give people shit because I did not ask the question properly,or used my words the right way, and I can't use google,and I should read up on the dash I bought, I,did not ask a question about my dash, I ask if anyone knew what the input voltage was and the signal out voltages was for a 3 wire sensor, and you are saying I am the rude person? Check yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X