X

yoshi pipes on a 1100f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshi pipes on a 1100f

Well I added Yoshi rs-3 race cans to the 1100.lol Sounds awesome and I saved a bit of weight in the process too.
    After I did some trial & error stuff I decided to use the stock header / chopped it just after the hanger mount and tig welded a mandrel bent pipe
    to the header on both sides. The Yoshi cans are off a busa so I had to cut the mid pipe to fit the kat ( I guess the kat is a little shorter )
    here's some pics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmu16Xc-OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jsl1EBOS-I

Ya the rear brake lever is a little close to the midpipe so I shaved some
    metal off of it for a better fit but I'm gonna lower the right side muffler clamp 1/2 inch or so and that should give me better clearance. No problems so far with jetting as i'm using the stock jets with the factory pro needles & stock air filter. The pipes give it a nice rumble but they get pretty loud on the top end, they have the baffle removed in the midpipes
    plus the silencers in the mufflers. Talk about a free flowing exhaust.lol

Last edited by loneraider; 07-13-2016, 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Purdy
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Real nice results!
      I was thinking of doing the same to my 1100 headers, but with smaller mufflers for more weight saving.
      Nice welding job!

Comment

Thanks, I ended up trading my centre stand for a stock 1100f exhaust and that's how this project got off the ground. I even bought a titanium header off a 1991 gsxr 1100 to use but the angles were off at the y and the mounting hangers were different than the 1100f's. For me it was easier to use the stock 1100f header and just mod it.
        I did find a complete gsxr 1100 ( 1127 ) exhaust system for sale here in Ontario and that would fit ( except the hangers ) and you could add slip-ons
        pretty easy to that system and even stubby them to save more weight for the track riding you do/ Its hard to say how much weight I saved by getting rid of the centre stand and the heavy mufflers but in total I guess about 20 lbs. The rs-3 are the stock length 18 1/4 inches with the rear silencer removed and the baffle in the mid pipe removed also.

Comment

Looks nice and sounds even nicer
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
          X