X

Selling my 89 GSX1100F Help with value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my 89 GSX1100F Help with value

Hey guys, I have decided to sell my 89 GSX1100F to finance a new trailer and another GSX1100F bike build. I don't know how to value this bike as I traded my CB750F for it 4 years ago. I am in the midwest so any help with pricing would be great. Turn signals are actually visible now and it has br end mirrors. Windscreen works like a champ. I never see these bikes come up on CL in this vintage.

Some sepcifics
    New steering stem bearings
    New stainless steel clutch line
    Good Avon tires
    Paint is good except a few places.
    Carbs were rebuilt with new emulsion tubes and factory pro kit
    Dyna coils and wires
    extended idle mixture screws
    New paper airfilter
    New intake and airbox manifolds

Heres a few pictures of the beast

i would ask $2000. then when someone offers $1500. they think they are getting a good deal. there is one local here that is nicer he is asking $2300 for the last 6 months . and it has not sold
    1990 katana 1100

Comment

Great I was hopeing it would be worth at least $2000 on the open market. Any other opinions? Nicer? like stock paint sceme How do you mean? I wasnt a fan at first but it has grown on me. It is highly visible on the road so I never speed on it.
      Last edited by bomber737; 03-28-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

1990 katana 1100

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
          i would ask $2000. then when someone offers $1500. they think they are getting a good deal. there is one local here that is nicer he is asking $2300 for the last 6 months . and it has not sold
          +1
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

wow that thing looks new. maby I can squeek 1700 out of it. Its early in the year people are all frantic to get a bike.

Comment

How you like those extended idle screws? Did they really help to nail it and if, make a big
              difference?

Comment

The extended idle screws are great and make setting the idle mixture easy. They work the same you can just get to them with your fingers. I use a morgan color tune to set them. I did wind up selling the bike and i got $1600 for it so thanks to all for the input. Now i start over with the other 2 bikes i have.
                Last edited by bomber737; 08-21-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

How about $4? Now where do you live?

Don't be offended. That bike is gorgeous! Honestly, I'd try $3,000. Really.
                  Last edited by zuma; 08-22-2016, 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                  X