X

Looking for OEM Quality Decals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for OEM Quality Decals

Does anybody have a source or hook-up for good quality decals for my '89 GSX1100F? I looked on Ebay and the font looks off or the script isn't right. I don't know if there is anyone reputable to reproduce them - but if you have someone you've used before & were happy with - I'd 'pershiate it.

My plastics are in pretty good condition but there is some rash on the lowers where it 'bulbs out'. I want to fix the rash, have them repainted, buffed and put new decals on it...they are 27 years old.

I think in the long run I might have to contact a sign shop that has a vinyl printer that can print multiple colors on one layer of vinyl.
    Last edited by RobertTravis; 01-15-2016, 09:34 PM.

That same question pops up here often. They are difficult to find. If you had all the specs, you could have a vehicle graphics co. Make them. It isn't cheap.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I'm wondering how much of the cost of doing them is just digitizing the originals. I can digitize the originals (so they are in vector format) and probably get a pantone color number for each color, it's just a matter of getting them printed.

I'll have to take another look to see what is under the clear coat and what isn't. I'm pretty sure the pinstripes are (on the gas tank for sure)...don't think the Katana script & 1100 below it is though.

Comment

Check out tapeworks, I got mine from them. I think they look good, even got a "SACS" sticker for the upper fairing like the euro bikes have.

Comment

Working...
        X