Changing The Screen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing The Screen

Hey all, as the title really.
    I have a new taller screen to fit, any tip's for me?

How long should it take?

Cheers,
    Daz.
    I'm Only 4 Fut 3, But I Look A Lot Bigger From A Distance?

Like 5 minutes? don't lose any of the screws accidentally.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Like he said ^ 5 min. But at least an hour to take off the mirrors upper fairing and inner trim pieces and reinstall.Not a hard job!
      Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

Job done. It was a lot easier than I expected, the hardest part was have to get the drill out to make the holes a little larger but that was no trouble at all.

Comment

Looks nice! Where'd you source the screen?
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Cheers Pal, I got the screen from wemoto.co.uk it stated on the site that it would take upto 4 weeks for delivery as its not a stock Item and would need to be made to order, it arrived in under 2 weeks. Its a powerbronze.

Comment

Going to have to keep it in mind. Shipping across the pond might be an arm and a leg, but the one time I looked, only saw OEM height screens for sale here.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Looks great! Nice tint. How about the road test,is it working better than stock screen? I'm a tall rider and with stock windshield up it puts all the turbulence right under my helmet. Very noisy at highway speeds.

Comment

I'm over 6 fut 3 and the standard screen hit me in the neck, in the bottom of the helmet. With the new taller screen it hits the top of the helmet. Moving the noise with it! It's better in the rain, giving lots more protection, which for an all year round british biker is very welcome! If the mood is upon me and I really boot it its easier for me to get out of the breeze. I think I'm gunna cut and chop at the old screen to add a little extra height, just need to figure out a hinge and bracket arrangement for it. I'll post some shots of it when its in the fully up position, it looks a little odd to say the least!!

Comment

Screen looks great! Do you remember how much taller it is than the stocker? Wind hits me right in the throat too...

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
                      Screen looks great! Do you remember how much taller it is than the stocker? Wind hits me right in the throat too...
                      Pretty sure it's 3 inch Pal, I have a picture of them side by side on the phone somewhere I think, I'll try and find and post it later.

Comment

Cool ~ Thanks!

This one looks like a 100mm/4" rise from stock: http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php...2&postcount=44

Comment

There Ya Go

Comment

Thanks Duke! 3" looks like a good size when it is down - aesthetically I mean.

The 'touring' shield on my FJR is 4" taller and I put it on in winter. All the way up I have to look through it, which I'm not a fan of, but it keeps the cold out when it is 20 deg F...

Comment

Working...
                            X