Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone Used 1200 Bandit Carbs On Their 1100F?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flat spot here Pal, suppose it all comes down to how well it's set up jetting wise.
    I'm Only 4 Fut 3, But I Look A Lot Bigger From A Distance?

Comment

I was also wondering about the accuracy of some peoples sync jobs, or even if peoples carbs were synced after swapping to pods. Maybe I've been over thinking it, but I've noticed lots of variables involved in synchronization. Some of the tools out there can be tricky in my opinion. Those liquid synchronizing tools have to be properly ventilated and can become contaminated with fuel and have air pockets. I've seen some people make there own and they don't even have a ventilation air intake on them...How is that suppose to work ? Then I thought about the Motion Pro. The liquid it uses seems like it could change viscosity as it ages because its water based and dries out over time. So anyway, after all these considerations I think I'm going to buy the Morgan Carbtune this Christmas. Each rod is independent so no interference from the neighboring carburetors vacuum can interfere with my reading.
      Last edited by katanarider; 12-11-2015, 10:07 AM.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

I have a set of these.

They work fantastically, had them for years, well over 20yrs, god I'm getting old!!! LoL!!
        I think carb syncing is one of the most important thing's you can and should do before any other type of tuning. A finely set of carbs is a thing of beauty! The joy I get from being sat at the traffic lights with the bike ticking over at just under 1000rpm, I'd guess its around 800rpm, is....is....well you know what I mean! LoL!!

I'm in the unit tomorrow so I'll have a go at the video for you Pal. I'll also finally get some images of my side of things for you all to have a good look see at

Comment

Here She is, the Titanic!!!

Comment

WOW, beautiful paint job !

Comment

Cheers Pal, the wheels are cool, they blend to black towards the hub, a very nice job. The tank could do with some time spent on it, think I'm gunna flatten it down the some matt lacquer? Cant decided!!

And sorta going back to the original topic of the thread.
              The bike is running sweet, needs a little tickle as there's a little popping on over run, nothing major, but its there.
              And on the subject of wheel lifting torque, she will lift it
              Last edited by Bettyswolloks; 12-18-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I like it the way it is. Flat paint looks old and sun faded in my opinion. You could just smear some brake cleaner or de-greaser on the paint if you want it to look dingy. Then again, since its black just leave it out in the sun during the summer.
                If your exhaust is popping on deceleration, just turn your pilot screws out...at least thats what I've read on the internet. I know free flowing exhaust will pop even when its tuned properly. Catalytic converters and restrictive mufflers pop too, but the sound gets trapped inside the pipe before you have a chance to notice.
                I'm in the process of gathering my carb rebuild supplies, so I'm paying close attention to any details you provide.

Comment

I found this thread very useful
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132760&page=6
                  In my rebuild Mate, very informative. And I'll give my air screws a good coat of looking at, cheers Pal.

Comment

As promised, here's a little video of the bike.

https://youtu.be/Z0O50OJ_lmo

Comment

Thanks, however... I'd like to see a 1st or 2nd gear red line (On a street ride) then let off the throttle real quick to demonstrate that popping sound you were describing. Remember, we're looking for a flat spot in the torque range.
                      Let them guns blaze !

Last edited by katanarider; 12-20-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Ahh yes I see. That'll take a little more planning, unless I can coax someone to get on the back and film it while I nail it! Maybe best if I don't tell them that 1st!! LoL!!
                        Having spent more time with it, the popping comes on as the revs drop below 2/3k rpm.
                        The bike runs spot on still, there's no added "flat spot" due to the pods, its power delivery is basically the same as stock, just healthier
                        Last edited by Bettyswolloks; 01-02-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Well I've cured the popping/banging, I took the pipe off to fix a little hole, only it wasn't a little hole it was a pretty big bugger!! New gaskets and all the leaks fixed has cure the popping and banging on over run, simples!!

Comment

Working...
                          X