X

Whats this ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats this ??

Wire coming out the top of battery w/resistor on it,measures 1.3 volts.Never saw anything like this on top of a battery.Tried to post pic but there is no attachment icon on the toolbar and under the box is no manage attachments button to click.There's a insert image button on the toolbar but it wants a url and I don't have one for it.
    Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Upload pics to a hosting site ie photobucket, then use the URL they give.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      Upload pics to a hosting site ie photobucket, then use the URL they give.
      Yea,I've done that before.Years ago on another forum,forget which one.I was just under the impression that we didn't have to do that here.
      [/URL]
      took forever to upload this image

Comment

your positive battery cable needs replaced
        1990 katana 1100

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
          your positive battery cable needs replaced
          Yep it's seen better days,thats the way I bought it.
          Trying to get some oil up to the rocker shafts on cyl's 3&4 first

Comment

Not sure what bike this is, but does it have a volt meter on the dash?
            GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_dog View Post
              Not sure what bike this is, but does it have a volt meter on the dash?
              Gsx 1100f and no volt meter on dash

Comment

Originally posted by 4wred View Post
                Gsx 1100f and no volt meter on dash
                I've seen some earlier suzuki's that have a volt meter or voltage idiot light that is wired to the battery. Thought that might be it.

Comment

It's just weird,what would someone run w/ 1.3 volts? And like I said,Iv'e never seen a battery with a little takeoff on the top like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wred View Post
                    It's just weird,what would someone run w/ 1.3 volts? And like I said,Iv'e never seen a battery with a little takeoff on the top like that.
                    I've seen the battery with the lead, if I remember right, they were expensive. But, I always thought they went to some sort of meter/light etc.

Comment

I've seen the battery with the lead, if I remember right, they were expensive. But, I always thought they went to some sort of meter/light etc.
                      Just had a thought, maybe supply some led's

Comment

I knew I had seen this before....

it is a sensor lead. This diagram is from my '82 GS1100EZ. I never had a battery in this bike that had the lead attached. I'll check my service manual tonight to see if it sheds any light on the purpose of the lead.

Not sure this helps you, but in the older bikes they were using conventional batteries (like the one you have, with refillable cells). The lead went to a "low battery fluid" idiot light on the dash cluster.

Maybe someone put the wrong battery in your bike, or there is an idiot light somewhere....
                        Last edited by Suzuki_dog; 09-09-2015, 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I knew I had seen this before....

it is a sensor lead. This diagram is from my '82 GS1100EZ. I never had a battery in this bike that had the lead attached. I'll check my service manual tonight to see if it sheds any light on the purpose of the lead.

Not sure this helps you, but in the older bikes they were using conventional batteries (like the one you have, with refillable cells). The lead went to a "low battery fluid" idiot light on the dash cluster.

Maybe someone put the wrong battery in your bike, or there is an idiot light somewhere....
                          2.SENSOR, BATTERY LEVEL
                          33617-49230 thats what i found on the suzuki fiche. Level sensor.

Comment

OK, we know what it's for, now why is it on your bike?

Comment

OK, we know what it's for, now why is it on your bike?
                              I guess the p.o. just put it in there cause he had it laying around,didn't want to buy another batt.

Comment

Working...
                              X