Anyone PNW to help with 1100 carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone PNW to help with 1100 carbs?

Noob here, flame suit on.
    Just got a '91 1100 and have been pleasantly surprised to find I actually like it! (Usually a cruiser guy, got the bike on trade.)
    Everything was gone through/upgraded by the previous owner: engine out frame up rebuild of most everything. It's all great except the fueling has issues. Carbs were rebuilt using a stage 1 jet kit (of unknown origin) to go along with the D&D 4-1 exhaust and K&N cone filter.
    She starts right up, idles well, and runs great just off idle and at cruising speed. Any roll-on throttle and it acts like it's starving for fuel. (Totally kills the fun!)
    My best guess after reading a bit on this site is that the main jets are either not adjusted right, and/or the jet kit is crap (Dynojet?)
    I don't have time to work on the carbs myself, and was hoping I might find an expert in the Puget Sound area who would be willing to take on the project. The only local repair shop doesn't like old bikes and wants to charge me an arm and a keg of beer.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Noob out.

you might try here, some one might be close by

other wise i am in puyallup.
    1990 katana 1100

Comment

For one, ditch the K&N. Install an OEM type filter in the stock airbox. You'll run better all around. Katana CV carbs don't function well with figh flow filters.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ditch the K&N...but don't you have to increase the airflow with the 4-1 and the larger main jets? I can certainly try going back to a stock filter, but I am confident there is a larger problem with the jets and tuning.

Comment

No. A jet kit and stock filter will correct the lean condition caused by the exhaust.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Well I'll give that a shot before tearing into the carbs.

Comment

Working...
            X