X

Re:Speed sensor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re:Speed sensor

Can I put a speed sensor magnet on Katana counter sprocket and get a proper reading?

Originally posted by 1100 View Post
    Can I put a speed sensor magnet on Katana counter sprocket and get a proper reading?
    They're meant for the front tire rotor, as it uses the wheel size in it's calculation.
    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Originally posted by 1100 View Post
      The stock Katana speedometer uses a cable attached to the front rim.
      You can modify the front sprocket bolt to use the Bandit 1200 sprocket cover & pick up sensor. You'll also need a newer speedometer what uses the electro signal. I only know of one person thats done it. As far as I know, he had a machinist customize the front sprocket magneto from a B12. I think he just had the machinist weld and grind to adapted the Bandit 1200 piece. No, he didn't do a write up . If I'm not mistaken, he explained the process to be just that simple, atleast for that part of the mod. Then you have to find a way to adapt the speedo cluster. The Katrider forum member I'm referring to goes by the name: thebird 19.

If you do it, you open up a whole new world for doing front fork and 17 inch rim swaps.
      Last edited by katanarider; 09-05-2015, 08:55 AM.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
        The stock Katana speedometer uses a cable attached to the front rim.
        You can modify the front sprocket bolt to use the Bandit 1200 sprocket cover & pick up sensor. You'll also need a newer speedometer what uses the electro signal. I only know of one person thats done it. As far as I know, he had a machinist customize the front sprocket magneto from a B12. I think he just had the machinist weld and grind to adapted the Bandit 1200 piece. No, he didn't do a write up . If I'm not mistaken, he explained the process to be just that simple, atleast for that part of the mod. Then you have to find a way to adapt the speedo cluster. The Katrider forum member I'm referring to goes by the name: thebird 19.

If you do it, you open up a whole new world for doing front fork and 17 inch rim swaps.
        I am going to use a digital dash, after market, so not worried about the cluster, thanks for the info.

Comment

If you Log your progress and take pictures, you get a golden star.
          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
            If you Log your progress and take pictures, you get a golden star.
            I will as soon as I can get it working.

Comment

Working...
            X