X

Oil leak counter shaft seal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak counter shaft seal

Just picked up my second 1100f,got it running and oil pored out the seal (or should I say)lack of a seal behind the sprocket.Checked the fiche and it appears the p.o. put engine back together without the o ring and the seal
    So I have o rings that size and put one on behind the spacer and ordered a seal,just seems to me that the o ring will get chewed up or does it get compressed and spin with the spacer and bearing??
    Shop our large selection of Suzuki OEM parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at (231)737-4542

parts 39&46
    Last edited by 4wred; 08-28-2015, 06:37 AM.
    Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Originally posted by 4wred View Post
    Just picked up my second 1100f,got it running and oil pored out the seal (or should I say)lack of a seal behind the sprocket.Checked the fiche and it appears the p.o. put engine back together without the o ring and the seal
    So I have o rings that size and put one on behind the spacer and ordered a seal,just seems to me that the o ring will get chewed up or does it get compressed and spin with the spacer and bearing??
    Shop our large selection of Suzuki OEM parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at (231)737-4542

parts 39&46
    Got the seal in put all back together no more oil leaking,1?
    When I put the seal on it didn't wrap around the outside of the bearing it just sat on top of the bearing and when I put the retainer back on it sat away from the surface where it mounts about 1/4" it did draw down when I put the bolts back in,Maybe they sent me the wrong seal??
    Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

Working...
    X