X

Is it advisable to..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it advisable to..

Use an old 96 11F/Kat for courier/fast food delivery work...I know it'll be bloody heavy ect and most folk have scooters or something up to maybe 5-600....it's just a thought

Should make deliveries FAST!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Comment

Do you already own it? Or thinking about buying one?
        The kat is heavy & not the easiest to maneuver around city traffic
        and if buying used being that old your going to have to sink some money
        into the bike to get it road worthy. And all this is do-able IF you do all the work yourself!! And the deal breaker here maybe the fact that the big kat is oil cooled and not liking downtown stop & go traffic at all.
        A scooter would be BETTER / better on gas , newer bike, easy to park, easier to zoom around
        and they have lots of storage. Just my 2 cents/
        Last edited by loneraider; 07-28-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu9 View Post
          Use an old 96 11F/Kat for courier/fast food delivery work...I know it'll be bloody heavy ect and most folk have scooters or something up to maybe 5-600....it's just a thought
          From what I've read, you may have trouble with the saddle bags and trunk. First of all, they are really hard to find most of the time and expensive. Then, I believe one brand is kind of poorly made because it leaks water or can't hold much weight. So, unless your fabricating your own rack or carrying bagged lunch tightly wrapped inside a back pack, you may want to find something with more readily available options. I also agree with loneraider, scooters generally come with more of those comforts. After all scooters are manufactured with urban city life in mind (grabbing groceries/short commutes), not cross country touring like the Katana.
          Last edited by katanarider; 07-28-2015, 03:52 PM.
          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
            Do you already own it? Or thinking about buying one?
            The kat is heavy & not the easiest to maneuver around city traffic
            and if buying used being that old your going to have to sink some money
            into the bike to get it road worthy. And all this is do-able IF you do all the work yourself!! And the deal breaker here maybe the fact that the big kat is oil cooled and not liking downtown stop & go traffic at all.
            A scooter would be BETTER / better on gas , newer bike, easy to park, easier to zoom around
            and they have lots of storage. Just my 2 cents/
            Already got it and otr

Aye I think it'd be to heavy ect

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
            From what I've read, you may have trouble with the saddle bags and trunk. First of all, they are really hard to find most of the time and expensive. Then, I believe one brand is kind of poorly made because it leaks water or can't hold much weight. So, unless your fabricating your own rack or carrying bagged lunch tightly wrapped inside a back pack, you may want to find something with more readily available options. I also agree with loneraider, scooters generally come with more of those comforts. After all scooters are manufactured with urban city life in mind (grabbing groceries/short commutes), not cross country touring like the Katana.
            Trunk!....it's a bike in the uk not a car in the states

But as said above, when thinking about it, it's just to bloody big and heavy

Comment

Working...
            X