X

1100 Kat-Gauge Bulb Sizes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 Kat-Gauge Bulb Sizes

Okay, I went right to the horses mouth and pulled my gauge bulbs to look for numbers. Most were wore-off. On-top of that, it looked like a few different sizes in there. Upper gauge lights (turn signals, neutral, and high beam) were a different size than the gauge lights.

Googled it, and searched thread after thread here, with nothing pertaining to the 1100. Are the 1992 600 and 750 gauge bulbs the same?

Any big kat owner know the bulbs?

Thanks.
    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

The shop manual states
    Headlight light highbeam 60watts/low 55 watts
    turn signal 5/21 watts
    Tachometer/speedometer 3 watts gsx1100f
    I took the old ones out an matched them up to ones at Canadian tire / automotive store.

I replaced all the bulbs when I dremeled out the faded plastic
    for the gages. Replaced it with a nice piece of glass that I had a glass shop
    make me up. Fits perfect and siliconed round it so no issues with water.
    Makes a huge difference day/night.
    Another great mod/
    Last edited by loneraider; 07-26-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Oh, sorry. I was hoping someone had the actual bulb numbers.
      '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

There ya Go & if your into it that far there are 2 round batteries for the clock
        also.
        Last edited by loneraider; 07-27-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
          https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/...ulb-12v3w.aspx

There ya Go & if your into it that far there are 2 round batteries for the clock
          also.
          Hmm. Thanks for that. Again, it does not show bulb numbers, just wattages.

And, I already replaced the clock batteries. Thank yah much! The trick is, you have to leave the colon in-between the hour and minutes blinking. If not, then the time stays stationary.

I guess I'll pull the dash again and match the bulbs up. I know they are all "wedge-type".
          '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Just a follow-up to this thresd: bulbs for the neutral, high beam, and oil light are T5, and all the rest are T10. If you are interested in a complete LED conversion, find an LED turn signal relay with a pot on it.
            '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Working...
            X