X

New Old Stock Gas Tank 89 1100 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Stock Gas Tank 89 1100 Katana

When I bought my Kat, it came with a Suzuki box. I was shocked to find a new fuel tank inside. Black with pinstripes. Never seen gasoline.

I'd rather sell to a forum member than Flea Bay.

I'll get picks soon.

Curious what's it with.

Thanks

Chris

Info: I bought a new old stock pre tank for $350. You shold be able to get more due to rarity... Or keep it for that reason.. You don't have enough post to sell here anyway. They will pull it down.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Great. Thanks for the info, and thanks for your service.

Comment

Damn it it was 98+ I would have bought it. I bet you will get a decent sell out of it from the proper person. Good luck!
        Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

I got a deal on it due to a small dent, the retail on it was $700 something if I remember right.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

I don't want to burst any ones bubble here, but In my opinion I'd rather have a de-rusted / re-lined tank. Why ? It depends on the customers bike color. I bought a black tank for my blue bike from a junk yard. It had NO rust and cost $100 shipped off ebay. Now it has surface rust one - two years later.
            So, unless you get that dude that has the black bike...you may have it sitting in a box for a while.
            I'd stick to about $300 or put it up for auction.
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

EBay it is

Comment

Still got it

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
                  I don't want to burst any ones bubble here, but In my opinion I'd rather have a de-rusted / re-lined tank. Why ? It depends on the customers bike color. I bought a black tank for my blue bike from a junk yard. It had NO rust and cost $100 shipped off ebay. Now it has surface rust one - two years later.
                  So, unless you get that dude that has the black bike...you may have it sitting in a box for a while.
                  I'd stick to about $300 or put it up for auction.
                  That's just being cheap.. Tanks can be painted any color you wish. Being the bike that it fits is 20+ years old and have probably been repainted or needs a repaint.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Since I'm forced to buy second hand junk, I can't say for certain just how long a "New" or "New Old Stock" tank liner will last. I just know the one I bought had been used , but it had absolutely no rust that I could see. Comparing that particular tank with my 600cc Kreem lined tank, I'm more impressed with the Kreem which has held for 6 years so far.

Comment

I wouldn't call second hand junk. It can still be a serviceable item.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        That's just being cheap..
                        No worries.
                        I'm just saying from my experience $300 is a real happy price for that NOS tank. Its definitely pretty

Comment

Working...
                        X