X

first impressions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first impressions

i bought this non running 1100 kat about a year ago. i rebuilt the carbs bought new intake rubbers, still had a vac. leak. ended up replacing all the clamps on the intake and filter box.
    now it is ridable, also had to replace the coil wires. new tires repaint.
    Sometimes the starter would keep spinning and i would have to remove the ground wire, i ended up replacing the positive wire to the battery and have had no problems since then.

I rode it 50 miles on curvy back roads. It takes corners way better than my gs850 with upgraded suspension. It is way easier to go faster around corners. The ride is on the stiff side not sure why. i have no idea how to adjust the front forks rebound.

The seat is not bad, the instrument cluster rattles for some reason. i found a storz handlebar brackets on ebay and changed to regular handle bars, shorty levers and napoleon bar ends mirrors are awesome and i can see behind instead of my elbows.
    1990 katana 1100

Congratulations on your purchase. I don't believe the front forks are adjustable, at least not on mine.
    2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
    1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

I think we have pre-load adjusters on top of the forks under the black cover,not sure about dampening though.
      Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

my 1990 has pre-load, but other years might have different or no adjustments
        '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Working...
        X