X

1100- Top Box Recommendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100- Top Box Recommendations

I have the two Krauser pannier bags installed. Looking for a top case to complement them that'll easily bolt-on. I do have the rear rack, but heard that thing does not hold much weight. I assume the box bolts where the grab handles are? Any Givi trunks bolt right in?
    '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Google it

Comment

Well, I took your advice and played around with Google. I Googled "dumbass forum replies", and it took me to post #2. Thanks for the advice!
      '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

You should have searched "dumbass forum questions". Not trying to be mean, but come on man, you left the door wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          You should have searched "dumbass forum questions". Not trying to be mean, but come on man, you left the door wide open.
          Wtf kind of forum is this? No need for a forum if everybody Googles stuff. That whack-job above has been blowing-up my Inbox, going-off on some tangent regarding "recognizing his posts." I asked the question in a legitimate forum, in the proper area. Is this a forum for Q&A, or just jokers and their smartass replies? I'll Google that too I guess. Close the thread moderators.
          '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

If you have the measurements of the rack then you should be able to find a box that size to fit it. The box just bolts to the rack. Basically take your pick Givi trunk is a good choice. If you get luck and find an OEM set that would be the way I'd go. Many here have made their own rack for the box size they need.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-10-2015, 09:34 PM.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              If you have the measurements of the rack then you should be able to find a box that size to fit it. The box just bolts to the rack. Basically take your pick Givi trunk is a good choice. If you get luck and find an OEM set that would be the way I'd go. Many here have made their own rack for the box size they need.
              Thanks. I'll pull that rack out tomorrow and see how it mounts, and if it'll hold a box.
              '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                Well, I took your advice and played around with Google. I Googled "dumbass forum replies", and it took me to post #2. Thanks for the advice!
                Glad to help

Comment

Well, I was going to buy a top box and mount it to the Krausee Suzuki shelf till I saw this sticker on the side of the mount:

'92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

I bought my 1100 with a full set of Givi bags & trunk. It didn't look like the previous owner did any modifications to the racks in order to make them fit. They're the Givi Monokey bags, if that helps any.

Comment

WTF kinda rack is that ?
                      I bought one years back from a site called revsperformance.com for my 750 , then bought a generic e-bay trunk . Worked great for years .
                      Damn , just checked . Looks like they up an' RUNNOFT .
                      Last edited by md86; 07-14-2015, 08:48 AM.
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        WTF kinda rack is that ?
                        I bought one years back from a site called revsperformance.com for my 750 , then bought a generic e-bay trunk . Worked great for years .
                        Damn , just checked . Looks like they up an' RUNNOFT .
                        It's the "Suzuki" rack, part of the Krauser luggage. That sticker confirms what other's have said on here regarding that rack holding next to nothing. Probs meant for a helmet?
                        '92 GSX1100F Red/Maroon

Comment

Prolly something like that . Useless , i'd say . A good tubular one that mounts where the grab bar does would be ideal for what I think you're thinking . Looks like they're getting harder to find these days , though ...

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That sticker is why I made my own rack. 3 kg is a joke. With panniers, top box, centre-mounted tool box, camping gear etc., it's probably carried 70 kg (about 150 pounds) for over 25000 miles on some pretty crap roads without issue. I use Kappa luggage (by Givi) rated at 10 kg per case - and regularly exceeded 15 kg - again, without issue.

Comment

The original Krauser top box is moulded on the bottom to lock into the rack. The original rack had a weird rounded shape that would be difficult to fit another top box to because it isn't flat. You could just drill four holes and bolt the top box to it I suppose. I wouldn't worry too much about the 6.6 lb weight limit. I had the original Krauser top box on mine and took me across the continent and back without any issues. I had a lot more than 6 lbs on it, probably more like 15 to 20 lbs. I had my Kat 1100 for 25 years. Sold it 2 years ago when I bought a GSX 650F. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jollidude

Comment

Working...
                              X