X

1100 mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 mirrors

Good morning. I picked up a 1993 Katana 1100 this past Sunday. The right mirror is broken and the previous owner misplaced the base mount. I have been looking for an OEM mirror without success. Any ideas as to a fix? Will other 1100 model mirrors fit the '93? Attached are photos of the parts I have. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Caracal; 07-02-2015, 10:07 AM. Reason: Update photos

Replacement mirrors for 1100

In my research I have found that the OEM mirrors are difficult (read that, near impossible) to locate. What are folks using when they need to replace a mirror? I ordered this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251616818362...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT off Ebay with the hope that it will replace the front portion of the master cylinder clamp. I can then mount handlebar mirrors. Thoughts?

Comment

Your best bet is ebay or a cycle salvage yard. You should really try to use the original mirrors just because the 1100's look better with then and you don't have those holes/spaces to fill up on the fairings.
      Maybe you fab up the piece that is broken in the pic you posted.

There are a left & right here that will fit your bike. They need paint and a mirror glass installed but they are cheap to buy.
      Get the mirror cut to size, a glass & mirror shop could do this cheap
      and you would be set. Save your original until you find a matched set or sell it.
      Last edited by loneraider; 07-02-2015, 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

1100 Mirrors

I saw that one on Ebay, but it is not like my mirror. My mirror is hinged and has a boot that covers the hinge. The mirror on Ebay does not have the hinge. I figured I would see if the mirror mount part of the bracket from Ebay would work while I continue searching for the OEM mirror. The bracket is a bolt on part, so I can return the master cylinder clamp to its original state once I have found the correct fairing mirror.

I just went back through your message and missed the part about a pair of the mirrors on Ebay. The listing indicates the listing is only for the right mirror. So, any GSX1100F mirror would fit my '93?
        Last edited by Caracal; 07-02-2015, 10:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yup anything from 1988 to 94 or yours that is a 96. they just changed shapes I forget what yrs. but the mounts are all the same for those yrs.
          so if you get a matched set lh rh your all set.

My 1100 is a 1991 and it has the rounded shape mirrors.Maybe 1992 and 1993/94 last year built for usa Canada have the square shaped mirrors.
          Last edited by loneraider; 07-02-2015, 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

1100 Mirrors

Cool. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
            X