X

hyd. clutch to cable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?....

I'm doing the dance with this problem also. I'm 90% certain it's in the master cylinder. I honed mine yesterday. It was good in my garage, then dragging at the first stop light. I turned to head home and in the parking lot it was normal.Pulling in the garage, dragging. Does anyone know an alternative ( cheaper ) clutch master assembly? A factory one is is near $200.

Comment

Not sure about a cheaper one, but what did you use to hone it? I haven't seen anything that small.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Grainger had a 14mm bunch of grapes type. It wasn't cheap, but worked perfectly. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem.

Comment

I rebuilt both the clutch master cylinder and the clutch slave, added a braided clutch line, replaced the fluid, bled the crap out of the system and the clutch still drags.
          2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
          2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
          1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
          1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

I had done all that during a major refresh in 2012. Back then it worked perfectly. I'm hoping one of the Kat Jedi know of an alternative master as a new oem is big $$$$ for a try part. But I'm feeling that it's a master the way its acting. Maybe that's the mistake we're all making. It may be a part that doesn't rebuild well.

Comment

Bleed that banjo bolt on the MC. I've tried all kinds of bleeding/reverse bleeding techniques but every one relies on cracking that stupid banjo bolt and getting the air out there.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i bleed the clutch and now it works like it should. i bleed it like i did the front brakes i found a good right up on the gixxer forum.
                1990 katana 1100

Comment

The tape on the bleeders is new to me, but I'd be careful when wrapping it, so it don't get into the fluid stream.
                  I use a vacuum pump sometimes, but yea air gets down the bleeder threads.

Comment

Working...
                  X