X

Clock Battery Replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock Battery Replacement

If the digital clock on your 1100 Kat isn't working due to dead batteries, you may want to just leave it alone. Since I'm a perfectionist and want everything working properly on my bike, I decided to replace the batteries so my clock would work. I can't believe the Suzuki engineers couldn't design a better clock arrangement that doesn't require so work work to just replace two little batteries! First, you have to remove the upper and lower fairings, then remove the headlight, remove the instrument cluster, then remove the screws that hold the plastic cover on the instrument pack, then remove the 2 screws that hold the clock onto the plastic facing, then remove the 8 tiny screws that hold the back cover on the clock. You'll need a very small screwdriver, like a jeweler's screwdriver, to get these tiny screws out. Then and only then can you remove the back of the clock to get to the 2 batteries. Of course, once you install the 2 new batteries, you have to reassemble everything again. Alot of work indeed! I wish I would have taken photo's to post on here, but i had no idea it was going to be such a labor intensive ordeal. Anyway, now everything works properly on my Kat, even the clock!
    2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
    1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Any chance you remember what type/size batteries it takes? I need to replace mine as well.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If anyone else has this problem in the future, the batteries were Sony
      SR44W. There were 2 of them. They are 1.5 volts each. I replaced
      them with 2 batteries from Radio Shack, their part number was 23-009
      If you do a search on radioshack.com with that part number it brings
      up all the pertinent specifications and cross reference numbers for
      other manufacturers.

1.55V/200mAh

copied from the net. Changed both of mine ,a pain In the *** to do
      I don't believe I removed the headlight just the cluster,.

Comment

I replaced the batteries in mine but I already had the fairing off for other work I was doing.Gonna have to replace my clock cause one of the segments in the display isn't working,I can still tell what time it is just looks weird.Next time i have it apart I'm gonna run a couple wires out of the clock to a remote location on the fairing to a battery pack.Might even build a power supply for it to go from 12v down to the proper voltage for the clock.
        Bikes:89 1100f 88 1100f 82 goldwing aspencade 82 goldwing naked

Comment

I velcro'd a digital watch on top of the clock space on my post 750. not factory but I know what time it is.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
          X