Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Took my Kat to Europe. What would you take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my Kat to Europe. What would you take?

I own a lot of bikes 18 to be exact, I was offered to do a project in Ireland and the bike I chose to take with me was my favorite, my 1991 1100F. I have had this bike all over the U.S. and just got back from 3300 mile, 13 country, 16 border crossing and 27 city ride. On Tuesday I left the Kat in Milan Italy and will fly back and pick her up on Aug 8th to continue the trip. I have 3 Harley's an FJR a crb100rr a gixer and so on, I'm not trying to brag, the point I want to make is that what I had to choose from I took my 24 year old Katana she just turned 27,500 miles on the clock and she's running like a champ. I'm having a great time on her and ran her in the alps last week. Here a some links for pictures

JR
    1991 Katana 1100
    2009 HD Nightrain
    2007 FJR1300
    2004 K1200LT BMW Totaled June 2011

Looking good, the Ace Cafe too, been there a few times they do a great breakfast
    Last edited by Locomotion; 07-03-2014, 09:46 AM.
    If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

Looks like a blast. I'm jealous.

Comment

Looks like an awesome trip recognize some of the sights but tell me cause I never thought of doing it how did you get your bike across to Europe because I had the impression you are in the states? Take long, costly?
        Only other question did your kat get any comments?

Comment

very nice
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

We shipped two bikes to Ireland, I put them in a sea crate with some house things and boxes it was $5200.00 and took 2 1/2 month because of a paperwork problem on one of the bikes. The good thing is the company I work for picks up the shipping as part of the deal
            JR
            1991 Katana 1100
            2009 HD Nightrain
            2007 FJR1300
            2004 K1200LT BMW Totaled June 2011

Comment

That is fantastic gotta get my boss to ship me overseas
              Now how to convince him we need European branches
              Yes yes coming together in my mind (insert evil genius laugh)

Comment

Working...
              X