X

Thank You!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You!!!

Thanks to all the information available on this site, I have rebuild the carbs on my husbands 1100 Kat and have also managed to find the electrical short that put us on the side of the road last Sept about 6 hours from home. Without all you guys answeres I wouldn't have attempted to do the carbs.

"I have rebuild the carbs on my husbands 1100 Kat and have also managed to find the electrical short that put us on the side of the road last Sept about 6 hours from home."

Why can't my wife be more like you ?

Engelskmannen.
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

It's only one of the reasons this forum is the best!!
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

yes it is the best diavolo! now if I could find as much info for my bandit I would have it made.
        Engelskman: my husband doesn't know the art of finesse, he forgets his strengh and makes the work more than it should be, plus the tools are mine. Once he tried to give his dodge a tune up, which ended up being a top end rebuild, due to a snapped spark plug followed by a broke easy out

Comment

Haaa ha ha sentence him to the kitchen at once

Engelskmannen.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Just a quick update: I did it, I did it!!!!! Hubby took his bike out yesterday for about 150 mile run, and he loves it!!!!!!! Fixed the electrical issue,(found a few we didn't know about yet) fixed his issue with the clutch safety switch, changed the fluid for the hydrolic clutch!!!! I was nervous cuz this is the most I have delved into his bike and anything could have gone wrong, I was worried about the carbs the most. Carb synch is off a tad so that has to be redone,otherwise I am very happy with my work!!!
            Quick question tho, what kinda mileage should this beast get running at optimum performance? Currently he gets somewhere between 35-40 miles per gallon

Comment

if you are getting 35-40mpg, then you are doing good, real good. even when my bike was running great, I never consistently got that mileage. I rode it too hard for that.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

last year when we went to arkansas he averaged between 30 and 33. once in arkansas mileage dropped HARD, (he got heavy wristed when the music kicked in and he hit the twistys). That 35-40 was the ride we did yesterday, and since we were riding with another group he kept her at 55-60 mph. I think it about killed him!!!!! He was so much happier when we separated from them and hit the interstate then kicked her up to 75 - 80.

Comment

impressive! I love my ol' lady to death, but she can't even get the hood up on her car.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by mojoe View Post
                    impressive! I love my ol' lady to death, but she can't even get the hood up on her car.
                    lmao!!!!!
                    All the world's a stage,
                    And all the men and women merely players;
                    They have their exits and their entrances,
                    And one man in his time plays many parts,
                    His acts being seven ages.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Fixing electrical shorts can be a real pain in the behind and rebuilding your carbs isn't something I will do till I absolutely have to, you should be proud of yourself!

Comment

i will be IF i can do as good a job on my sons carbs as I did on hubby's. Waiting on his carb kit to come in now. I guess I am really gonna have to invest in a synching tool now, I don't like to borrow other peoples

Comment

The fuel mileage is right on with mine. I consistently get 32mpg city and 40mpg for highway trips.
                            '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

thank you subforry, that is what i was wanting to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X