Fuel lines and the two extra hoses to hook up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel lines and the two extra hoses to hook up

1993 gsx1100f

I just put in a new starter connected everything up to the point of the gas tank. I have 7 hoses and 5 connection points...hmmmm. I am kinda sure the two hoses with springs around them are the fuel hoses and they go one the petcock, but what side? Two of my hoses were rock hard so I bought a new one. I am kinda sure they are vacuum hoses. I have labeled the hoses in the attached pic to what I think it is, can anyone confirm and help tell me how I have two extra hoses?

I have the larger versions of the pictures if you cannot read it here.

Sven
    Attached Files
    Sven
    '93 gsx1100f Kat

I often sound like I know what I am talking about, obviously that is often not the case!

New hose 1 and 2 are vent lines. Normally those would be about 3X longer, drape over the airbox and simply be left open on the end to drain if the bike tips and the carbs drain fuel out of them.

Largest line plugged onto the airbox with the ??? next to it is the crank case vent line. Other end plugs into the silver "box" looking port directly in front of the place it plugs into the airbox.

The smaller line with the ??? next to it might be the petocock vacuum line. It goes on the non fuel port (no brass) on the petcock.

Think you have the fuel lines correct. They go on the brass ports on the petcock.

Drain 1-2 plug onto the bottom of the tank and simply drain to the bottom of the bike, pretty much the same as you have labled tank 1-2 on the pic.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

So it looks like who ever worked on my bike about a year ago hooked up the vent tubes from the carb to the drain ports on my gas tank. Great! So should I go out and buy two longer carb vent tubes?

Also does Fuel 1 go into Tank 5 or Tank 4?
        Sven
        '93 gsx1100f Kat

I often sound like I know what I am talking about, obviously that is often not the case!

Comment

Originally posted by sventhebit View Post
          So it looks like who ever worked on my bike about a year ago hooked up the vent tubes from the carb to the drain ports on my gas tank. Great! So should I go out and buy two longer carb vent tubes?

Also does Fuel 1 go into Tank 5 or Tank 4?

I don't even run the vent tubes your talking about most of the time. Went for years without them on my 750, so... up to you. It won't hurt anything, I just explained how they were stock.

as for which fuel goes in which... use what ever fits right and does not kink the lines. Both flow fuel and should do it equally, so other than routing and length of the lines... doesn't really matter.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Official answer is that Fuel 1 goes to Tank 5 (the rear-most outlet) and Fuel 2 goes to Tank 4.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You guys rock! Hooked it up and it works!...kinda. I had the starter rebuilt because it was wining while trying to start. When I put the starter back in and hooked it all up I still have the same problem. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I will start a new thread to review what I have done up until this point. Hope to hear from you on the next thread...
              Sven
              '93 gsx1100f Kat

Comment

Originally posted by sventhebit View Post
                You guys rock! Hooked it up and it works!...kinda. I had the starter rebuilt because it was wining while trying to start. When I put the starter back in and hooked it all up I still have the same problem. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I will start a new thread to review what I have done up until this point. Hope to hear from you on the next thread...

Sven, I had something similar happen on my '89 1100 = whirring / whinning sound and engine wouldn't crank over.
                Turns out the nut holding the starter clutch / gear to the end of the crank lossened up and was no longer engaging, which is what was causing the sound.
                All told, it's about a 30 minute adjustment from start to finish.
                It might not be what ails your Kat, especially since you didn't mention whether your engine cranks over or not, but it costs nothing but about 30 minutes to check.

Comment

Thanks Retro. Good to hear your suggestion is in alignment with others. I started another thead and that is what other have said. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...95#post2120895
                  Thanks again for the reply!
                  Sven
                  '93 gsx1100f Kat

Comment

hooked up all the line and left both vent tubes draped filled gas tank then all of a sudden gas starting pouring out og the vent tube towards left side of bike any ideas

Comment

Your petcock likely needs rebuilding
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Float heights or needles aren't sealing
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Hey junker, I thought if it was coming out the vent tubes that meant the floats WERE sealing, otherwise it would leak into the crankcase and not out the vent tube? You know this shit better than I do, just looking for clarification.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

In order for it to reach the vent tube it has to over fill.....right. The needle sits in the fuel path ( petcock, fuel port, needle then the bowl). I'll bet there is some fuel in the oil.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-05-2016, 01:08 AM.
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                            X