X

Luggage kits or racks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage kits or racks.

Has anyone out there come across a hard luggage rack set up for the 1993 GSX 1100F Katana. I have beeen surching on my own for a while and have yet to comeacross a promising answer or set up. Any help or push in the right direction would be helpful and appreciated.

Tough to find stuff for the 1100s I am still using a set of Krausers.I have had them on three different bike so far,I have to fabricate a couple of brackets each time I change bikes though.You could go with soft luggae and one of those Chinese scooter top boxes.Plenty of those on Ebay.

Comment

I think you will have a very hard time finding what you are looking for. Givi was the official supplier for the 1100 katanas, and they did still have the set available up until a couple of years ago. Krausers have been found on the 1100's, but they are not the Suzuki option. They are dealer options....which is a big difference. Krausers were more or less a secondary option for those who didn't want to cough up the coin for Givi. at the time, the set for my bike ran about $1200. Mind you, luggage has actually dropped in price since then, and you can get the 3 hard cases for what? maybe $600 or less? but here's the stickler...try finding the rack. In all my time of owning the 1100 kat, I have seen a few 1100's with a luggage set up, but all home made. I have never ever seen another givi rack. too bad cuz they are great. sleek and blends well with the bike...integrated signals, very very solid. The bike tipped over once and the luggage held it all up without a problem. not a scartch on the bike and just a slight scuff on the case. I actually wetsanded it out to the point you would have to know it's there to see it. I would not sell my rack for less than $250...and that's just the rack. it was more than that new...and mine is like new. not a scratch on it....plus with it being discontinued....$400 or nothing.
      they want $170 for this pos ugly rack. looks like if the bike fell over hard enough, it would bend it all to sh*t.

So my advice....try searching for a Givi. I would even try contacting them if I were you. There might be some new old stock around some place. I also believe they still might make a wing rack for the 1100....you know, to accommodate tail luggage. send them an email and see what happens.

BTW...if you are really searching hard, and seriously want a set, mine can be bought. best rest assured, I won't be giving them away. I use them enough that I will just keep them if someone doesn't offer me enough to let them go. Bummer for you that you weren't looking last year. I was considering getting rid of my katana and was going to sell the luggage for $400. That is practically giving it away. I had a nice pic of my bike with all the luggage attached, but lost it. this is the only one I could find to give you an idea. I only have the top case installed.

Last edited by Mojoe; 02-08-2011, 10:52 PM.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
      X