X

1100 1990 carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 1990 carbs

ok not to sound to dumb but will the carbs from a nother bike work on my bike ....like a 600 kat or 750 honda
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

No. You'd better just drop the bike off at my place. Don't forget the title!

Seriously, though, you're running 34mm carbs. The pre-750s all ran 36mm carbs, the 88-89 600s used 31mm carbs and the 90+ 600s ran 33mm carbs. None of them quite fit. If you're really in a bind you could wallow out the intake boots and install some 36mm 750 carbs. It'd involve some jetting issues but it could be made to work.

You could also use 86-88 GSXR 1100 carbs. They're the same model as yours.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

thanks bill so if im hearing you right as long as its a 34mm it will work?
      GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

No, no. What I meant to say is that it's hopeless and you should drop the bike off at my house. (joking)

There's one other big factor. What's the center-to-center spacing on the carbs? If you stick with something close, like a GSXR1100, the carbs will probably line up. If you go with something completely different then the distance between the carbs is likely to be off a bit. Then you get to play with that. If it's close you may be able to just use the rails from your old carbs. If not then you may be doing a whole bunch of fussing to get things to line up right.

And don't forget jetting differences. Just because they're 34mm carbs doesn't mean the jets are the same.

What's wrong with your current carbs, anyway? Unless you've taken a hammer to them or they're missing altogether, it's probably easier to just clean/repair them.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

just looking for kind of where to go next kind of thing.. when i cleaned them i cant get the pilot out or this is stuck or that is..pain in the butt i am going to have to easy out some things so i was looking for a back up plan...plus i did not know lol
          GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

No problem. The dumb question is the one you don't ask until it's too late.

The pilot jets will easy-out really... well, easy. Soak them in light oil first. As for the bowl screws, I use a pair of vice grips to grab from the side and break them loose. If you bugger things up they're cheap to replace. Worst stuck screw I've seen was an AF screw. I gave up before I tore things up and sent the guy to a machine shop. They tore things up. Poor guy had to replace the carb body. The good news was that since Mikuni used only one casting for all four bodies, we were able to drill out this passage, plug up that one and swap the butterflies/linkages to make a #1 carb work in the #4 position. Bit of a pain but his bike's running great now.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X