X

17" rims for the big Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" rims for the big Kat?

Hello to all members! I know we all are a littile fed up with our current tire selection, and wheel swap options, so I am currently trying to solicit a few manufacturers about the possibility of making direct fit aftermarket 17" rims for the 88-93 1100 Katana. What I need to know is how many people would be interested in possibly purchasing a set, as most manufacturers require a minimum number of items to be ordered before they will even consider producing them. Once I get a estimate of how many units that will be possibly purchased, I can begin to get pricing info and some possible styling design photos to post. The more sets ordered will most likely result in a lower price for all. Hopefully I can get the ball rolling and find some good options and pricing in getting these items produced. I need positive feedback on this to make it work! Thanks.
    Last edited by pope; 07-12-2010, 04:49 PM.

PM used to make direct fitting wheels for the Katana 1100, you might want to check with them. There was a set of 17" PM wheels, polished OEM forks, a chrome swinger and PM calipers on CL several months back for the Katana 1100, actually. Strikes me the guy wanted $600 for the whole set.

EDIT- Here it is. PM wheels and calipers, aluminum swinger, Ohlins shock...... http://toledo.craigslist.org/mcy/1770402149.html It was a month and a half ago, but it might be worth calling anyway.
    Last edited by loudnlow7484; 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Most older 17" Suzuki rims can be easliy installed on a Kat 1100 after swapping the bearings. The only real problem is making a braket to hold the upgraded brakes from the 17" front rim or re-drilling the front rotor. I upgraded my bike for less than $300 and I don't think you are going to find a big market out there.
      01 Bandit 1200 engine w/91 GSXR 1100 intake cam 36mm Carbs w/Stage 1 Jet kit/dual pod K&N filters. 90 GSXR 1100 wheels and front brakes. DID 530 chain. 93 GSXR 750 rear shock, Full Yoshimura exhaust system 4 into 1

Comment

My GSX 1100 F is fitted with a set of wheels off a Yamaha XJR 1200 with minor mods. Im running Bridgestone BT 50's after experimenting with different types. It was well worth the effort!

Comment

Any sugestions for tire pressures if running 120/90/17 front, and 180/55/17 back tires on a GSX 1100F Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Marais View Post
            Any sugestions for tire pressures if running 120/90/17 front, and 180/55/17 back tires on a GSX 1100F Katana?
            the manufacturers recomended pressure?
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I also fitted 4pot calipers from a 91 GSXR 1100 on brackets. Now it can stop!

Comment

Working...
              X