Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Quick question regarding K&N air filters ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question regarding K&N air filters ....

Originally Posted by whitecl0ver
    K&N allows to much air flow...more then that kat motor needs...caused dead spots in in accellerration....takes alot of time money and skill to get it adjusted to work properly....stock filter is good to go....
    My question is (not meaning to jack your thread) does that apply to the 1100s as well ?
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Any engine with CV(constant velocity) carburetors are going to experience similar tuning issues. Save the K&N for fuel injected engines that you can properly map the A/F curve on.
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I put in a k&n in a kat 11 with stock pipes and carburators and it ran better,no holes or flat spots. I put in the max air flow ring that came with it

Make sure it is clean.
      1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
      2004 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by KYOTE1 View Post
        I put in a k&n in a kat 11 with stock pipes and carburators and it ran better,no holes or flat spots. I put in the max air flow ring that came with it

Make sure it is clean.
        I'm running a 1 stage jet kit, K&N air filter, exitting thru a 4-1 Yosh header and Muzzy cannister. I had a 5* adv in that mix but I really grew to hate how it ran set up like that. I think it runs better with the stock adv.

I am open to comments on this ...
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
        X