X

New jets and bad Mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New jets and bad Mileage

So when I bought my 1100 kat it had after market jets, pipe, and air filter. I've only had the bike on the road for about a week now and finally have it running good and noticed how bad my mileage is. A friend and I were thinking maybe smaller jets would make a difference. I have "138" jets in there now if that means anything to anybody and that's what was put in at the dealership when the previous owner took it there. He was told that "132" jets is what is suppose to be in it. So any advice to get more than 25 miles per gallon would be much appreciated

You have an 1100cc bike that weighs a ridiculous amount, AND aftermarket intake and exhaust. You need the bigger jets to get the bike to run right. Cant say for sure as I dont have any 1100 experience, but I had to jet my 600 and gas mileage went down. Bad gas mileage is better than a crappy running bike.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

do you have pod air filters? i dont i have the single k&n and a stage one jet kit,i went from 115/117.5's to 125/126's on the mains. i still can get 35-40 if i keep out of it and 40+ on long trips.but 25-30 if i 'm on it alot.
      WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
      We Will Always remember!
      sigpic

Comment

which jets you talking about????

which jets, mains or pilot?

stock mains is 112.5 and 110,s
        stock pilot is:
        155 cali
        135 rest of U.S.
        150 UK and Canada

Originally posted by SuzukiJoeDirt View Post
        So when I bought my 1100 kat it had after market jets, pipe, and air filter. I've only had the bike on the road for about a week now and finally have it running good and noticed how bad my mileage is. A friend and I were thinking maybe smaller jets would make a difference. I have "138" jets in there now if that means anything to anybody and that's what was put in at the dealership when the previous owner took it there. He was told that "132" jets is what is suppose to be in it. So any advice to get more than 25 miles per gallon would be much appreciated
        1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
        2004 Hayabusa

Comment

Hey .. Saw a 85 gs 1100 for sale for $1500 the red and black one round frt.light -21,000 miles on it super extra clean and a vanse and hind pipe he parked it 3 years ago said it got 15-20 miles to a gal.

Comment

see link

this is good
            1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
            2004 Hayabusa

Comment

Just had my 750 tuned, went from 112.5 mains to 140. Watched the gas milage go from 45mpg to 26mpg..... Thats what you get for wanted to go fast.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by KYOTE1 View Post
                which jets, mains or pilot?

stock mains is 112.5 and 110,s
                stock pilot is:
                155 cali
                135 rest of U.S.
                150 UK and Canada
                It is the pilot jet. The dealership put in 135's but said it's suppose to have 132's which didn't make any sense as to why they just didn't put those in.

Originally posted by Katana1100 View Post
                do you have pod air filters? i dont i have the single k&n and a stage one jet kit,i went from 115/117.5's to 125/126's on the mains. i still can get 35-40 if i keep out of it and 40+ on long trips.but 25-30 if i 'm on it alot.
                I have the pod filters yes. I think I just have stock jets on the mains. The pilots are 135's.
                Last edited by SuzukiJoeDirt; 05-18-2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

lose the pods go to stock

stock air box with K and N is the way to go.
                  1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
                  2004 Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                  X