X

helmet hanger??!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet hanger??!!

I need some help. Does anyone know where i can get a helmet hanger for my bike?? I dont want to carry mine around when i go somewhere, would be nice to be able to lock it on the bike. Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

dennis kirk sells some, like ones that go on your license plate holder, I'd bet bikebandit and the like do too. Doesn't the 1100 have the underseat hooks?

Comment

Did the 1100's not come with 2 helmet hangar hooks under the seat like the 600 and 750 has?

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hanger hooks are not HELMET LOCKS. my 1100 has hooks but i thought it had something to do with luggage cause who would leave a helmet unlocked on a bike???

Comment

mine does not have a hanger "hook"

Comment

Originally posted by Zito View Post
            Hanger hooks are not HELMET LOCKS. my 1100 has hooks but i thought it had something to do with luggage cause who would leave a helmet unlocked on a bike???
            There's a "hook" under the seat on each side that you can put the D-ring on the helmet around, then put the seat back on the bike, effectively locking your helmet to the bike.

They're the two large silver hooks sticking up from the frame near the front of the rear fairing in this pic:
            Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I FOUND IT! wow I never saw it but yeah its a lil black Hook on the left side, the fairing is cut just a little bit to accommodate the d-ring or strap.

Comment

Originally posted by naskie18 View Post
                There's a "hook" under the seat on each side that you can put the D-ring on the helmet around, then put the seat back on the bike, effectively locking your helmet to the bike.

They're the two large silver hooks sticking up from the frame near the front of the rear fairing in this pic:
                +1

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

About an hour after i posted i went out and was cleaning the battery terminals and saw those hooks and i thought to my self "dumb ***, there right there". only problem is i cant use the left side hook, previous owner mounted a mercury switch under the hook for the alarm. time to relocate the switch. Any other hidden "trick ****" about this bike we should know about??

Comment

If you look closely on naskie18's picture, you might notice rear foot-pegs folded down... (for passenger use)

Comment

ive always been a bit funny about leaving my helmet with my bike - i see them in town with the chain lock through them and cant help but think it will only take someone to kick it and its gunna cost me a new helmet - or over here where we are blessd with rain 80 percent of the year it takes one moron to open your visor and one wet helmet lol
                      i did have a small lock strap thing that went through the helmet and on the subframe - it was free in a bike magazine for the purpouse of locking a helmet to a bike
                      i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I just bought a new helmet with bluetooth built in. Dont think ill be leaving it with the bike.

Comment

Working...
                        X