X

Wind shield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind shield

Alright so some where in the near 20 years of my bikes life something got screwed up with the windshield and it can no longer go up and down. I have been kind of planning on tearing out the electric motor for the windshield and using it for something else and wanted to know if anybody has a way to just put a stationary windshield on it that simply bolts on and is affordable. Anybody got an idea?

Originally posted by SuzukiJoeDirt View Post
    Alright so some where in the near 20 years of my bikes life something got screwed up with the windshield and it can no longer go up and down. I have been kind of planning on tearing out the electric motor for the windshield and using it for something else and wanted to know if anybody has a way to just put a stationary windshield on it that simply bolts on and is affordable. Anybody got an idea?
    Take the front/top fairing off and try running it without that on there. That'll help you to see/feel whether the motor is even trying to move it. Your problem could be that the motor is dead or the wiring is lousy.

If you can see the motor output shaft spin, or you can feel the motor try to spin when to try to move the windshield by putting your hand on the motor, then remove 7 screws holding the windshield on and try running it without the windshield on it and see if the bracket even moves.

If it doesn't move and you want to get the windshield moving again, you can try lubing the tracks with some WD-40 or some other lubricating agent. If you don't want it to move anymore, you should be able to just simply move it to where you want it and then put screws/rivets/bolts/nails through the rails to stop it from moving.

Won't cost much, shouldn't take much of your time, and will let you put the windshield right where you want it to be if you do want to permanently fix it.
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Awesome Thank you

Comment

It might not be the tracks and when you have everything apart you should be able to tell. There is a roller on each side and they are probably siezed up ( mine were ) get them working ( WD-40 ) and you should be in the wind.

Comment

Kool beans. When ever I hit the switch I can hear the motor work for a second and you can the the windshield move slightly but it moves crooked and not far at all. I think that the windshield may just be off track.

Comment

I have a similar problem. But i am not hearing the motor at all or even the click of the relay which is making me thing that the relay is possibly bad.

Comment

I have spare windsheild assembly

see picture make an offer
              Attached Files
              1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
              2004 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by KYOTE1 View Post
                see picture make an offer
                do you still have this windsheild assy?

Comment

Originally posted by UK-Rockies View Post
                  do you still have this windsheild assy?
                  I have an assy I'd be interested in selling.

I had to WD-40 mine to get it to work. The rain here seems to ruin it..
                  Last edited by Sierraromeobravo; 05-27-2009, 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Are we riding yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X