X

My Brethren, this is my need ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brethren, this is my need ...

Not meaning to be that deep but my exhaust canister is "puffing" thru the rivets. I'm also noticing my bike getting a little louder out the canister.

Here's the request .... anybody got a canister that they want to get rid of that is still in decent condition. That, or can you point me to a link that is reasonable price-wise ?

Appreciate Ya,
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Big Kat, you can drill the rivets out & remove the sleeve & replace the fiberglass & put new rivets in the sleeves if you want to save some money. Call me at 714-356-7845 if you want my help. I can talk to you on the phone while you do it if you want. Ray.
    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Repacking the exhaust is easy and will quiet it down quite a bit like ray said.

Comment

Where does one get packing for mufflers?
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          Where does one get packing for mufflers?
          IIRC Yoshimura offers a repack kit for their mufflers, I imagine other companies should do the same right?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Try this,

I also heard that industrial steel wool will work,but dont know if thats true. anyone else hear that?
            WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
            We Will Always remember!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X