X

Windshield travel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield travel?

Anyone know how far the windshield is supposed to travel? I'm not sure mine is going up as high as it should, I notice along the left hand side of the windshield (assuming you're sitting on the bike), there are a number of black lines approximately an inch or so apart, and when I run mine all up as far as it'll go, the bottom line doesn't make it out the top of the fairing, it stays about 3/4 of an inch below it.

Does that sound normal, or should it be traveling up a bit more?
    Last edited by naskie18; 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM.
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

I can't remember off the top of my head, but that sounds right to me. Mine extends approx 3-4 inches above where it was. I'll double check
    Are we riding yet?

Comment

Mine tops out with the last line a touch above the fairing. If I remember the camera I'll take a couple pictures of mine up and down. Assuming that mine will move up again...it's been kinda picky about coming up.

EDIT: Scratch that info I posted above there. I decided to tear mine apart to do some cleaning after reading the reply here about WD40. After a thorough cleaning it seems that it is correct that the windshield only raises to the point of the last line being about 1/2-3/4 inch below the fairing.
      Last edited by Arstine; 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM.
      92 1100 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Arstine View Post
        Assuming that mine will move up again...it's been kinda picky about coming up.
        Pull the fairing off and spray some WD-40 in there.

I did that on mine and it moves up and down beautifully now, whereas before it was so slow and struggled so much I was concerned either the motor was dying or there was something in there pinching it significantly and restricting the movement.

Shot some WD-40 in there and it moves great now
        Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Working...
        X