X

Gas mileage ???? 19 mpg? Kat 1100 89

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ansobu View Post
    Yikes! How many of the main jets were loose? I'm surprised the bike even ran, your gas probably was getting blown out the exhaust!
    Just the one you see was....wait, what did you call that? "Loose"?

Yeah...it was a bit loose.
    93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Haha, I guess I used that term rather "loosely"

Comment

took the carbs apart and found a lot of gunk in one of them....some grainey stuff in the others - must have been bad gas at one point....anyway, cleaned it out, put it all back together and it runs much better with mileage improved. Still get a wierd behavior when the bike is very hot - in traffic or under big loads, two up - running up mountains in the smokeys....motor is getting a bit tired I suspect. 30k on the clock.

Perhaps the carbs are not set up for 6000 foot altitudes - she is a Florida bike after all.....4 feet above sea level.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamplizard View Post
          ...motor is getting a bit tired I suspect. 30k on the clock.
          are you kidding me? I got 4 times that on my old 92. I have around 50k on the one I just bought, and it runs like new. if your engine is getting tired at 30k, then those 30k miles were very hard miles.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by ansobu View Post
            Yikes! How many of the main jets were loose? I'm surprised the bike even ran, your gas probably was getting blown out the exhaust!
            Hey, it can happen. I have a 99 GSXR600 here that had NO JETS on the center two carbs. Bike started up easily and seemed to idle well. Never rode it like that, tho.

I agree with Mojoe, 30K is nothin' for these motors. I put something like 60K on a Bandit 1200, only sold the bike 'cause a Triumph Sprint ST dropped in my lap and I need to cash out the Bandito to buy the Sprint. Would have ridden that bike 100K+ otherwise.
            Last edited by StevieB; 07-07-2009, 09:27 AM.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
            X